Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW FORD FLIP KEY KEYLESS ENTRY REMOTE

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 11:20 AM
blake45a
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by simplexdesign
If the flip key works with your 06 make sure to come back and lets us know. Until someone confirms I am gonna hold off
For all those who are nervous about compatibility etc, my flipkey is arriving tomorrow or wednesday and whichever day i get it, it will be cut and programmed on the same day. I have an 06 so we'll all know in a matter of days if it works on the 06.

aaquib: if you have an 08 you can get that other key for 07+ on ebay for sure, and maybe this one as it is advertised
Old 07-25-2011, 02:13 PM
MeanStang08
ChopShop Mod-tator

allright.. you've forced me to put this up..

since you won't believe when I simply say "I prefer this one"

This is the one from the'bay - www.mykeyless.com

This is on a 2008 Mustang GT - They claim it works on 2005-2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z3iIca-qrA
Old 07-26-2011, 07:10 AM
blake45a
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MeanStang08

nicee!
Old 07-26-2011, 07:38 AM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

Robb - Is that a video that you yourself made? Or a video off of the internet?

How does the quality of the key feel?
Old 07-26-2011, 05:36 PM
MeanStang08
ChopShop Mod-tator

Originally Posted by blake45a
nicee!
thanks

Originally Posted by jdmcbride
Robb - Is that a video that you yourself made? Or a video off of the internet?

How does the quality of the key feel?
not to be a SmartArse here, but Meanstang08 is my youtube account name which is the same as it is here on MFs. and at the end of the video it does say a meanstang08 production July 25th, 2011...

yes, I made the Video, yesterday afternoon those are MY fat-fingers

the actual key itself is of harder steel than the factory one (the locksmith commented to that) and bout tore his smaller key cutter wheel up with it.. (he got smart and moved to his larger one)

the buttons press exactly like the factory OEM FOB does.. (it actually looks like they just snapped a case over the "guts" internals of an OEM one..

the only drawback/weakness I see is that when I put the key with the pad facing up, it "torques" on the plastic and "feels" like its gonna break it.. I did it 3 times Trying to break it, I couldn't.. but if you flip it over with the keypad facing down, it feels like a rock.. so I'm not going to take chances with it potentially breaking, I'll just remember to insert it keypad down.

The "flip/switchblade" action is strong and precise, not sloppy at all.. I actually own some real switchblade knives that are cheaper made than this action..

I really do like it.. and the locksmith who copied/cut the key for me wasn't gonna charge me for the 3 minutes of work, so I gave him a $10 and said if I had problems I knew he'd take care of me, and he agreed. I don't get keys cut often so I thought this was a great deal..
Old 07-27-2011, 07:48 PM
Torch Red GT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by blake45a
For all those who are nervous about compatibility etc, my flipkey is arriving tomorrow or wednesday and whichever day i get it, it will be cut and programmed on the same day. I have an 06 so we'll all know in a matter of days if it works on the 06.

aaquib: if you have an 08 you can get that other key for 07+ on ebay for sure, and maybe this one as it is advertised
Hey any update yet?
Old 07-28-2011, 07:11 AM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

thanks

not to be a SmartArse here, but Meanstang08 is my youtube account name which is the same as it is here on MFs. and at the end of the video it does say a meanstang08 production July 25th, 2011...
I originally didn't watch the video to the end (forum view), but after I posted my questions I clicked to watch it on YouTube again and saw your user name and figured it out.

Thanks for the review. I will be picking one of these up!
Old 07-28-2011, 03:02 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

im not sure about what they claim, but what i know is that the system for the 05-06 is different. the remotes might work between years, IIRC the difference is in the chipped key and the 07 up and 06 down systems are different and don't interchange. i suspect the seller wants a restocking fee large enough if you return that they don't care if it really works. anyhow, programming the remote to unlock doors and the key to start the car are two different things.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:49 PM
blake45a
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Torch Red GT
Hey any update yet?
I went today to a local locksmith, he scanned my current functioning key and then the chip in the flip key...he said theyre not compatible. Im pissed...going to dealer tomorrow to get final decision on compatibility. I specifically made sure at least 15 times that this flipkey worked on 06 mustang gt. Update tomorrow...
Old 07-28-2011, 09:52 PM
blake45a
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
im not sure about what they claim, but what i know is that the system for the 05-06 is different. the remotes might work between years, IIRC the difference is in the chipped key and the 07 up and 06 down systems are different and don't interchange. i suspect the seller wants a restocking fee large enough if you return that they don't care if it really works. anyhow, programming the remote to unlock doors and the key to start the car are two different things.
yeah, these guys (mykeyless) said itll work, no darn luck so far. locksmith said incompatible chips.. What flipkey did you have with your 05? you said a couple times you had one of these, what company/seller had these? Im contacting them tomorrow

Quick Reply: NEW FORD FLIP KEY KEYLESS ENTRY REMOTE