Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Mustang Problems again...

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 04:41 PM
Lax07
2nd Gear Member

Default 2010 Mustang Problems again...

Well guys after being away for a little while because of work I am back with more issues out of my 2010 Mustang GT... I have already had the transmission replaced a couple times in the Mustang because the clutch engagement point was moving so far back I couldn't even get it into gear from a stand still. Since my last transmission reconstruction those problems have gone away. However, I've had a couple more problems come up...

For a couple months the car has been pushing it self out of forth gear when I am just coasting (no pressure on gas) between 1k and 3k... It will just randomly pop out. Any ideas why this is happening?

Also yesterday I turned on my car and the low brake fluid light came on and advanced trac control light came on and in the information center said both these systems needed to be serviced. The both came on at the exact same time when I started the car. I checked the brake fluid and it is at the right level. I drove it around town because I needed to do some small things and everything seems to be driving fine.

I'm bringing it to Ford tomorrow, but should I expect some long fix or big bill for this stuff? Any ideas what is causing any of these issues?
Old 07-24-2011, 04:53 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

I hope you don't see any bills for this stuff.....lol that car has to be less than 2 years old. I don't know exactly why it's doing what it is, but I'd take it in and make sure they fixed everything on their tab although i don't think that should be in question at all since the car is so new.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get these dumb issues taken care of!
Old 07-24-2011, 05:04 PM
parchisi
3rd Gear Member

You shouldn't see any bill for any of that stuff. warranty will cover it.

On another note, I can't help but think that if this was a 2011 this thread would be full of people trashing everything about it.
Old 07-24-2011, 05:08 PM
Lax07
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by parchisi
You shouldn't see any bill for any of that stuff. warranty will cover it.

On another note, I can't help but think that if this was a 2011 this thread would be full of people trashing everything about it.
Yeah hopefully warranty will cover this... Don't really understand the second part of this comment, but I guess that's what I get for being away for several months...
Old 07-24-2011, 05:14 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Yeah dude definitely bring it in!!! Warranty should cover everything and DO NOT accept the car back unless its 100% to your liking and how it should be working. I have read about dealers giving cars back without 100% fixing the issue hoping the customer would just live with it. Its a brand new car man this shouldnt be happening.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:18 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lax07
Yeah hopefully warranty will cover this... Don't really understand the second part of this comment, but I guess that's what I get for being away for several months...
The 2011 has been getting a lot of heat from members of the 05-10 persuasion because of some of the issues that are really infrequent, but are severe if they happen. And of course the tranny issues that are pretty widespread are a popular hot topic too.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:12 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Well guys after being away for a little while because of work I am back with more issues out of my 2010 Mustang GT... I have already had the transmission replaced a couple times in the Mustang because the clutch engagement point was moving so far back I couldn't even get it into gear from a stand still. Since my last transmission reconstruction those problems have gone away. However, I've had a couple more problems come up...

For a couple months the car has been pushing it self out of forth gear when I am just coasting (no pressure on gas) between 1k and 3k... It will just randomly pop out. Any ideas why this is happening?

Also yesterday I turned on my car and the low brake fluid light came on and advanced trac control light came on and in the information center said both these systems needed to be serviced. The both came on at the exact same time when I started the car. I checked the brake fluid and it is at the right level. I drove it around town because I needed to do some small things and everything seems to be driving fine.

I'm bringing it to Ford tomorrow, but should I expect some long fix or big bill for this stuff? Any ideas what is causing any of these issues?
Hi Lax07,

I just saw this, and I wanted to make sure your concerns were addressed. If you still need assistance, please PM me with your VIN, contact information, mileage, and servicing dealer name/state and I will help.

~Natasha
Old 07-29-2011, 06:47 PM
crescent_wrench
2nd Gear Member

My TR3650 was replaced under warranty at around 14000 miles. One day, it just started making grinding noise on the way to work. I don't think these units like to be power shifted or shifted aggressively. I've babied her ever since. I'm really afraid of it.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:56 AM
HenryinFlorida
1st Gear Member

Slipping out of gear when not under load usually is attributed to your syncro rings. They wear out if your doing a lot of speed shifting or missing gears
Old 08-01-2011, 12:00 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

crescent_wrench,

I don't want you to drive in fear! Are there any ongoing issues, or are you just worried due to your past issue with the grinding? Please let me know if I can help in any way.

~Natasha

Quick Reply: 2010 Mustang Problems again...