Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unexpected Boss sighting

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 08:22 AM
mobydick
2nd Gear Member

There's a Used Kona Blue and White 1,100 miles for sale around here for $48,000.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:53 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Lol a used one going for 5k over what a new one can be had for. Best of luck to them I guess.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:58 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Exactly. That owner is totally high.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:47 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by ReaperGT
If i remember right, the LS comes with the splitter in the trunk or backseat because they dont want to install it for some reason or another. It was listed on their site when the boss was first announced
The LS splitter is not street - legal. It has to do with it not having been used during crash testing and therefore not approved for street use. Also, that baby sticks way out which may be another reason for it not having been crash tested with it on the car
Old 07-31-2011, 12:52 AM
REDBOSS1
3rd Gear Member

When I was calling around trying to find one most are asking for the 10k premium. One guy I just strait hung up on, he was being a total *****. One of the other guys I talked to was also asking for a 10k premium, I told him that was Shelby prices, he told me to buy a Shelby then. Some of these dudes will not budge on the price, that's why even though I'm not high on that Race Red/White color combo (it will probably take some time to ware on me and maybe I'll feel better when I pick it up) I had to be open to it because he was the only dealer within a 100 miles that was selling at sticker. The last dealer I talked to before finding mine was talking like he was some kind of a mythical god because he had two allications, he told me he already sold one for his 10k premium, I told him congrats and he may sell the other one at that also but it won't be to me.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:24 AM
mobydick
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by siggyfreud
Lol a used one going for 5k over what a new one can be had for. Best of luck to them I guess.
Originally Posted by 808muscle
Exactly. That owner is totally high.
Considering there are NO Dealership within a 100 miles radius that has even had one to sell he might get his price. I think he did get the 48,000 for his 11 GT500 (11,000 miles) he had for sale at the same place!
Old 07-31-2011, 10:52 AM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

most of these dealers are wakign up on the price of the boss cars. i saw something elsehwere about one going for under sticker, admittedly only about $100. Still, these dealers for some reason claiom to use these cars as traffic draws as dumb as that sounds. i guess to soem its worth having it on the lot because peopel come in to drool and may end up rollign off with a V6 or GT instead. i also say if you are serious about getting one you can;t call and talk (even though that is what i did on the first one, but i knew the dealership for previous deals) walk in tell them you want it and will sing today at sticker and things start to change. If they wont budge walk out. these cars are finalyl starting to ship and there are some hitting lots. You can find them at sticker with soem work and belevie me they are worth it. this is the best and most fun car i have ever owned counting my 10Gt with 10k of mods.

808, you woudl love this car. i pout down the same HP numbers with headers, CAI and x-pipe as my blown 10 did with the VMP 500 kit. And you can run it all day wihtouht heat soak.

Funnily we went to a benefit car show last night with my local club. they were doing dyno runs for 25. there was a dude with a whippled sn-95 swapped roush, apparently at 10psi car. Admittedly the dynojet they used was off somehow, i put down almost identical numbers on it as i did on the mustang dyno. my NA, slightly modded boss beat the whippled sn-95 by 1 whp. i did give up about 40 lb-ft of torque though IIRC
Old 07-31-2011, 12:05 PM
ShawnAlexander
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dogg
The (larger) splitter is dealer installed.

What price are they asking? Some people here are reporting high prices on those models.
The bigger splitter is actually mailed to the customer after purchase, I was told
Old 07-31-2011, 03:15 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ShawnAlexander
The bigger splitter is actually mailed to the customer after purchase, I was told
the splitter is and the brake cooling ducts as well as the transmission cooling scoop.
Old 07-31-2011, 11:38 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mobydick
Considering there are NO Dealership within a 100 miles radius that has even had one to sell he might get his price. I think he did get the 48,000 for his 11 GT500 (11,000 miles) he had for sale at the same place!
More power to him if he can. But for a smart buyer it would be cheaper to locate one even on the other side of the US to buy brand new, and pay the 1k to ship it home.

Quick Reply: Unexpected Boss sighting