Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tillman, Evolution, Magic, or VMP?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 02:23 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Default Tillman, Evolution, Magic, or VMP?

I am awaiting my boost a pump and looking to get a dyno tune from a reputable shop in my area (Ny, Nj, Pa). I really wanted a dyno tune, but is VMP really almost spot on? They specialize in roush's and this is what is making me think twice about them over a dyno tune.

Anyone ever used Tillman speed, Evolution performance, or mustang magic? I called Tillman and he is trying to get me in for next saturday but I have yet to call Evolution or Mustang magic. Any suggestions? I want to get this done right!!
Old 07-30-2011, 02:41 PM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by grabber blue gt
I am awaiting my boost a pump and looking to get a dyno tune from a reputable shop in my area (Ny, Nj, Pa). I really wanted a dyno tune, but is VMP really almost spot on? They specialize in roush's and this is what is making me think twice about them over a dyno tune.

Anyone ever used Tillman speed, Evolution performance, or mustang magic? I called Tillman and he is trying to get me in for next saturday but I have yet to call Evolution or Mustang magic. Any suggestions? I want to get this done right!!
yes, Justin over at VMP knows the M90...he has been doing amazing things with them in the 04-08 F-150 for years. And he is no slouch in the Stangs either.

As for your other options, I would go with Tillman. I thought Evolution brought in outiside tuners for their cars?
Old 07-30-2011, 03:10 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

That is why I am thinking about VMP. I right now have a JDM email tune (went with JDM over vmp cause JDM is 45mins away) but JDM doesnt tune for the BAP and only use gt500 fuel systems. I have heard more great things about VMP over JDM, but than I have to deal with the whole dyno check and datalogging crap which is why I wanted a dyno tune.

I am not sure about evolution brining in outside tuners but I hear great things about them, but mainly in the gt500 and 5.0 stangs. I am going to call tillman and check with them on my appointment.

I also have a friend on facebook with a vortech supercharged 2010 who went to mustang magic and LOVES them. He says they know exactly what theyre doing and hasnt had a problem with their tune yet. Any word on them?
Old 07-30-2011, 04:03 PM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

Never heard of Mustang Magic.

I would just wait until Tillman can get you in. I understand you are scared, but your blower has been around forever, and the JDM tune will keep you safe until then. Once you get the BAP, have Tillman up the power levels a bit and verify your A/F is safe.

I still think you can't go wrong with the VMP tune, but you'd never feel good about it without a dyno verification. So save your money and just wait on Tillman
Old 07-31-2011, 12:41 AM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Yeah I am going to call Tillman on monday and see if everything worked out with getting me an appointment for saturday. I am looking for a safe air/fuel, somewhere around 11.6-11.8