Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Next mod!

Old 08-25-2011, 03:36 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Did you feel a huge difference with the custom tune Vs. stock, without a CAI?
The custom tune will add the most HP gain and adding a CAI will help add a little more.

I would recommend getting the exhaust next. It will not add any performance gains, however the sound will be a lot better! Sometimes louder isn't always better, especially if there's alot of drone. I've heard good things about the GT takeoff from a manual and the SLP's. It all depends on what sound you are going for. Listen to youtube vids and see which one best fits you. I decided to pass on getting the dual set up due to the minimal performance gains. Hope this helps!

Last edited by kevinmalec; 08-25-2011 at 03:42 PM.
Old 08-25-2011, 03:39 PM
kput
4th Gear Member

The tune is what makes the CAI/Tune combo..not sure if you think I had a CAI, but don't any more? or vice versa? But from what I've heard, you can't tell too much difference from the CAI. The tune makes all the difference.

I have the manual GT muffler on now, it's a bit louder than the stock, but still not loud enough for my taste. That's why I was thinking about a muffler delete..
Old 08-25-2011, 08:47 PM
usc49erfan
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by kput

What is the Best and Loudest AND CHEAPEST (Yes, mixture of both loud and best. I realize I can't have THE loudest, and THE best at the same time, happy middle?). exhaust setup I can have. WITHOUT converting to duals. (Not a shop around me has quoted me anything under 400 for a custom. And they say 1-200 for an install. So I'll be looking around 600 no matter what I do, I don't want to pay that.)
The cheapest would be the resonators, I think they were $150 compared to the $200 for the Loudmouths. The resonators and the loudmouths are essentially the same, but the resonators have a little less tubing on the inside for more of a straight thru but with enough that it is not a straight pipe. You could put 1 in and save the other for the future conversion, if you go that route or if you wanted something even cheaper cherry bomb makes a glasspack/bullet style muffler and they are sold individually so you only have to buy one. I would check you tube to see if you like the sound though. Here is link for the cherry bombs, just remember if you order to go with the 2.5" in/ outlet muffler

http://www.summitracing.com/search/B.../?autoview=SKU