Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Maybe buying soon

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 05:21 PM
cmancha003

Default Maybe buying soon

I just put in a request for the internet price of a 2012 mustang gt premium mt w/ brembo, nav, hids. got a call back for 39k after rebate It seems that no one has nav (well they said there is one in the sw) so should i order what i want, get one for a lot less w/o nav, or try to get them to the 37,500 before rebates that edmunds says its worth? Thanks for all the help in advance MFers
Old 08-23-2011, 06:02 PM
usc49erfan
2nd Gear Member

I would always try to get it for less and what you want. Now on a different note, I prefer not to have the dealership install anything. Main reason is that the price they charge for everything is usually double what it is on the aftermarket, but that is just my preference. My favorite example is my leather seats. Ford wanted $2000 for the seats, I went with cloth from Ford and bought the seats from NewTakeOff.com for $380 and there has yet to been a person that can tell the seats are not "factory." Otherwise always make sure and order what you want because you have to pay for it and if you have to wait a few weeks or months to get what you want, then the end will be worth the wait.

Last edited by usc49erfan; 08-23-2011 at 06:04 PM.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:21 PM
cmancha003

well i guess what i am asking is, is that a fair price and is the nav system worth it enough to cause a big deal in trying to find one with everything that i want
Old 08-23-2011, 07:30 PM
wanakanabe
2nd Gear Member

I personally don't think the nav system is worth the cost.I also think that price is quite high.Unusual for an internet quote because they usually throw out low ball numbers.
Try to get an xplan number if you don't like to haggle.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:42 PM
usc49erfan
2nd Gear Member

well without knowing what other options you wanted, according to ford's build it option list, it came out to $35,800. Now that is w/out the tax, title, etc. so I would say $39,000 is a fair price, but I would still try and talk them down as it never hurts to try. As far as the nav system, or the electronics package as Ford calls it. I personally deem that as a MAJOR RIP OFF. Yes it looks nice, but $2,340 for a nav system, no F-ing way. I looked at the inventory in my area, as the area you live in matters as well, and the GT Premium seems to be selling for about $35,000. So to end this long reply of miine, always try to get a better price and if you are deadset with ford's nav system then wait until one is available
Old 08-23-2011, 08:17 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

If the Nav is the the only thing making you worry don't.

You can get an aftermarket deck like the Pioneer 3300BT which has bluetooth, DVD, a USB slot, a SD card slot and more and then add the Satellite and if you want Nav for a total of about 1200 bucks. That's what I got mine for installed.
Granted you can't talk to the radio like you can with the new Mustang's stock setup
I believe.

And the Nav you can add to the 3300BT is AWESOME.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:33 PM
boss hoss
2nd Gear Member

i've never had a navi so i have no clue how kewl they are to have.. personally, i just want the engine and the body.. all the extras i can add at my own time and get something better than what ford can offer..... i wanted a sound system in my car but didn't want to alter the stock interior.. so i just put a some upgraded speakers all around, a sub and amp and kept the stock deck.. not the best, but its awesome for me..... dont get me wrong, if i could've afforded it i would have got a GT500 macked out.. but i had to work within my means..
Old 08-23-2011, 08:40 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Originally Posted by boss hoss
but i had to work within my means..
As all smart people that make good decisions must do!
Old 08-23-2011, 09:49 PM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

Ford Navigation System=Waste of money.

Anyone who's tech savvy will know a standard iPhone or Android is much superior to that thing and can do all of the things the Nav system can do.

The standard Sync system does virtually everything the Nav Package Sync system does.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:00 PM
JimmyM
3rd Gear Member

I think you should get exactly what you want without compromises.

But I think the NAV isn't all that. My little Garmin gets me where I need to go

Quick Reply: Maybe buying soon