Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Joined The Accident Club

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 11:24 AM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Default Joined The Accident Club

Seems like it's the new fad around here, so I had to be a part of it

It's been raining non-stop here, and last night I hit a wet spot, fishtailed, tried to correct but ended up bouncing off of the car next to me. Front fender is bent in pretty good and front bumper is gonna need a repaint.

So in the last month I've had my car broken into, hit in the Pepboys lot now this. What a fukin month

Old 09-24-2011, 11:38 AM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Sorry to hear it, not a club any of us wants to be a member of...

Doesn't look too bad at least, should be an easy fix
Old 09-24-2011, 11:58 AM
Hotwheelracer
3rd Gear Member

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

That sucks Alec, I feel for you. Worst feeling is that split second when you know impact is imminent. Good thing you are ok. That is the MOST important thing. Hard to think about or have someone say to you when your baby gets damaged but it is the truth. Your car can be fixed much easier than you can. Hope all goes well with the repairs.
Old 09-24-2011, 12:16 PM
markkk
2nd Gear Member

at least you didn't hit a deer...
Old 09-24-2011, 01:03 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

I don't like that club...
Old 09-24-2011, 01:22 PM
cssjamesr

wooow no a good month at all sorry hope the next one get better!!
Old 09-24-2011, 01:43 PM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Welcome to the club! As we speak, I am drawing up the design we can use on our club jackets. We meet every Sunday for lunch, and go around bashing our cars into things. It's alot of fun, really.

Seriously though man, I feel your pain. The second I saw it was you who posted this thread man, my first thought was "Oh s***!".

Have you popped the hood to look for anything broken underneath yet?
Old 09-24-2011, 02:10 PM
MarkMan
4th Gear Member

Sorry to hear that Alec! I'm trying to avoid that group. I didn't drive it to work this morning cause it looked like rain.
Old 09-24-2011, 02:18 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Holy crap how many 4.0s are going to join that club this month?? Aren't you number 5? You guys have me not wanting to drive at all. Lol

Thats terrible, Alec. Im glad you are ok and it looks like it should be easy to fix. Did you hurt their car very bad?
Old 09-24-2011, 03:15 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Torch_Vert
Sorry to hear it, not a club any of us wants to be a member of...

Doesn't look too bad at least, should be an easy fix
Hopefully. Every time I look at it there's more schit broken than I expected

Originally Posted by Hotwheelracer
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

That sucks Alec, I feel for you. Worst feeling is that split second when you know impact is imminent. Good thing you are ok. That is the MOST important thing. Hard to think about or have someone say to you when your baby gets damaged but it is the truth. Your car can be fixed much easier than you can. Hope all goes well with the repairs.
Yeah man that's how I'm looking at it. Could have been a LOT worse. If anything this has taught me that cars are easily replaceable and just pieces of metal. This happened on probably the busiest street in Phila and thankfully didn't involve any other cars/people
Originally Posted by markkk
at least you didn't hit a deer...
Yeaaah
Originally Posted by Nuke
I don't like that club...
It's not all it's made out to be lol

Originally Posted by cssjamesr
wooow no a good month at all sorry hope the next one get better!!
Thanks me too.

Originally Posted by MustangFirstCar
Welcome to the club! As we speak, I am drawing up the design we can use on our club jackets. We meet every Sunday for lunch, and go around bashing our cars into things. It's alot of fun, really.

Seriously though man, I feel your pain. The second I saw it was you who posted this thread man, my first thought was "Oh s***!".

Have you popped the hood to look for anything broken underneath yet?
Haha yeah headlight is broken so that'll have to be replaced. Parking light is also hanging down behind the bumper. Probably the thing that I'm most pissed about is the fact that my piece of **** corroding hood is fine.

Originally Posted by MarkMan
Sorry to hear that Alec! I'm trying to avoid that group. I didn't drive it to work this morning cause it looked like rain.
I HOPE you don't take the Shelby out in the rain. I would go nuts if I crashed that. Hell, I've been obsessing over mine all day. Couldn't even sleep last night

Originally Posted by Tanner05
Holy crap how many 4.0s are going to join that club this month?? Aren't you number 5? You guys have me not wanting to drive at all. Lol

Thats terrible, Alec. Im glad you are ok and it looks like it should be easy to fix. Did you hurt their car very bad?
Thanks Tanner. It's ridiculous, it seems like every time I get on here there's another one of these threads. Seems like every ones been having a terrible month as well. Damage on the other car is similar, I feel bad because it's a new Jag XF and the guy just called and is pretty chill

After examining the damage in the day time, looks like I'll need a new headlight, front bumper and passenger fender. Along with some minor internal things as well. Hopefully they don't stick me with a V6 bumper, which they probably will. We'll see what happens

Last edited by Alec; 09-24-2011 at 03:20 PM.

Quick Reply: Joined The Accident Club