Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Short supply

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 11:00 AM
Tormentor
2nd Gear Member

Default Short supply

I am in the market to purchase a 2011 or 2012 GT and can not believe how hard it is to find them on dealer lots with the options I want.

I know I can order one but with the weather changing here in the Midwest I would like to just walk into the dealership and find one that I can just drive off in. However every time I go to the dealerships all I find are the 6 cylinder's (no disrespect) I want a GT with 6SM, comfort package and 3.73 gears and it has to have leather. My color choices are Kona Blue, Black and they say Sonic Blue is supposed to be a late availability.
I had a Sonic Blue 2007 and loved that car but man the power these new cars have is unbelievable......

Come on Ford start pumping them out like they are pumping out the Camaro......I DON'T want a Camaro but the wife does.

Me as a Ford employee would be frowned on if I bought a Chevy
Old 09-25-2011, 11:10 AM
White05GT
3rd Gear Member

Your dealer might be able to locate one at a different lot and have it sent to theirs. Some of them around here will do that.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:06 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

I know what you mean, when my fiance was in the market for a 5.0 all we could find were V6s. When we did find a lot with 4 0r 5 5.0s we couldn't test drive them, even though he was looking to buy right away. Its weird I have seen more GT500s on lots than GTs.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:28 PM
LindsayEOD
1st Gear Member

Im from Southeast Illinois and I had to drive to Wisconsin to find mine. It took about a month of constant searching. If you dont mine the drive, Kansas seemed to have a LOT!
Old 09-25-2011, 05:32 PM
wanakanabe
2nd Gear Member

I was in same boat when i got my 11 back in March.12's were just starting to hit the lots.I live an hour from Chicago and thought surely i would have no problems..Like you everything i found that i liked was a 6 cylinder.
I looked as far out as Cincinnati,Indy,Davenport and up into Michigan.Took several months and finally found a dealership received a Black one that I liked at McCarthy Ford.Wasn't sure i was going to get it as it had a lot of options and was out of my price range,throwing out the x-plan and a lot of haggling i was able to get it and at a great price.
Dealer said that by March, production on the 11 models had already stopped and that was why the selection was limited,that and demand for the 6's were a lot higher.
So i would either be a little patient and wait for them to trickle in or try and look outside your area as far as your willing to go.

Good luck!
Old 09-25-2011, 07:07 PM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

You may want to order a 2013 if you can wait a few more months. They are doing a much needed redesign of the tail lights... just sayin'

I, myself, am waiting to see what Ford does...

Oh, and welcome back!
Old 09-25-2011, 07:17 PM
Tormentor
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jdmcbride
You may want to order a 2013 if you can wait a few more months. They are doing a much needed redesign of the tail lights... just sayin'

I, myself, am waiting to see what Ford does...

Oh, and welcome back!
Thanks for the welcome back. As far as the taillights go it took a while for me to get used to them as it is now.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:13 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

your dealer may not care to do as deep a search for a car you want if you are on the X-plan, or A-plan or whatever it is now.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:23 AM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Yep it can be hard to find exactly what you're looking for. I wanted something particularly specific and ended up having to custom order because of it, Illinois isn't very mustang-y from what I can gather. First I was up near NIU which is where I ordered my car, and there wasn't much selection around there. Nearest grabber blue was I think 200+ miles away.

Down in Bloomington where I live now, is a chevy city and there are easily more camaros than mustangs, maybe because the dealer there is a giant dick wad. Then down here in champaign there aren't many either, in part because you're either foreign and own a BMW, or you're from Illinois and drive a beater lol.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:58 PM
Buckshot Barry
3rd Gear Member

I say order it. The 4 weeks I waited for mine was some very happy times for me. We were at the dealership when it arrived.

Quick Reply: Short supply