Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheel Help.. PLEASE..

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 08:58 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

AM's great! (to be honest with you I viewed the thread because you were at 666 views and i'm superstitious ) Good luck with the rims though!

edit: I'd personally avoid 20's...too much rim IMHO.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:23 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

I agree with bakerjd. Those 20s are gonna give you a rough ride, but if you are ok with them I say GO FOR IT!

Post pics once you get them mounted =)
Old 09-26-2011, 11:54 PM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

Just for your info.. I have 2 friends who both ordered the 18" black bullitts from AM and the finish began to peel after a few months. AM has great customer service and replaced them, but it happened again.. don't know if AM's 20's are made by the same manufacturer or not, but it's something to look into. Waxing them regularly should help avoid that, though.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:32 AM
ZPounds07GT
3rd Gear Member

07BLACKGT - Would AM replace them for another finish if they do peel? Cuz it they end up peeling I don't want to go with the same thing and have it happen again. I try to keep up with detailing on my car but now that I bought the wheels and tires the money is a little too low and I don't have a vacuum any more. I could just powdercoat them if I have an issue though. Because from what I know, the wheels are painted black?

And 18s aren't enough rim, 20s are rough supposedly and 19s are too expensive on tires. What are ya gonna do? There is bad in all. I have ridden in mustangs with 18s and 20s didn't seem like a difference to me. But I avoid every bump as much as possible so I don't really have a rough ride anyway.

I have heard that lowering with 20s would be more difficult.. Is that true?
Old 09-27-2011, 08:14 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ZPounds07GT
07BLACKGT - Would AM replace them for another finish if they do peel? Cuz it they end up peeling I don't want to go with the same thing and have it happen again. I try to keep up with detailing on my car but now that I bought the wheels and tires the money is a little too low and I don't have a vacuum any more. I could just powdercoat them if I have an issue though. Because from what I know, the wheels are painted black?

And 18s aren't enough rim, 20s are rough supposedly and 19s are too expensive on tires. What are ya gonna do? There is bad in all. I have ridden in mustangs with 18s and 20s didn't seem like a difference to me. But I avoid every bump as much as possible so I don't really have a rough ride anyway.

I have heard that lowering with 20s would be more difficult.. Is that true?
When I purchased my Stang used, they came with the 20 inch Cobra R wheels. Once I lowered it with the Eibach pro-kit lowering springs, the ride got a lot rougher! I try and avoid bumps, dips and pot holes on the road. If I ever decide to change out my wheels, I would go with 18's. No, it's not anymore difficult lowering the car with 20's.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:28 AM
ZPounds07GT
3rd Gear Member

Well think about what you just said.. Not trying to be rude or anything but if you had 20s already and lowered it and the ride got a lot rougher, yeah thw wheels make a difference but they have the same effect as they did before the lowering. The springs are what messed up the ride from what you're saying. I have heard from practically everyone that the FRPP and the Eibach springs ride really harsh. Once I do lower it I'm going with Koni STR.T shocks and struts with Steeda Sport springs. So it won't be slammed. Just a little lower than an inch.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:33 AM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ZPounds07GT
They should.. one of my friends ended up replacing them with Chrome Saleens from AM and the other friend ended up painting them himself. It seemed like it was just the clear coat that was peeling off. It wasn't too terribly bad though. The 20's might be fine.. who knows. but AM is a great place to buy from!
Old 09-27-2011, 12:25 PM
ZPounds07GT
3rd Gear Member

Alright, cool. Yeah I haven't had any issues with their stuff so far so I'm going to keep dealing with AM. How do your Konis and Steedas feel ride and performance wise? I have heard they ride better than stock all around. Did you feel the same way about yours?
Old 09-28-2011, 09:57 AM
ZPounds07GT
3rd Gear Member

Now I'm getting mad! I have emailed them twice and called John from CruizinConcepts and he will not answer. I have sent a PM to both Mike and John and still no answer. I was told that the refund process has been "initiated" but I miraculously can't get ANYONE to give me an answer on how long it will take to get my money back.

Mayo - How long did it take for you to get your money back???
Old 09-28-2011, 10:18 AM
mayo
4th Gear Member

I was told that refunds were all processed on Friday's...wtf?
I told them if it did not post by the close of business that Friday, I was contacting my attorney and it was on!
Got the refund posted that Friday...these guys are a joke imo.
AM is the real deal bro! Ordered my rim's with 2 tires mounted on a tuesday and they were on my doorstep friday in perfect shape.
AM ROCKS...believe it!
Did you decide on a setup yet?

Quick Reply: Wheel Help.. PLEASE..