Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CJ Pony Parts??

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 02:15 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

I havent heard anything negative, so thats good. And the name has been around for quite some time.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:18 PM
ZPounds07GT
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, I'll have to give them a call about their wheel and tire packages. They don't give much info as to what it includes.. it may end up being more than I can pay by the looks of it..
Old 10-02-2011, 11:27 AM
06gtdamon
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ZPounds07GT
damon - What was the issue you had with the bumper from them?

outceltj - I will check them out. Thanks.
They had the bumper on sale for something around $670, we called them and placed the order and told them that we had a discount code for 5% off. They told us alright thats fine. When we got the bill, it was over $800.

We called them to find out why the price jump, one salesman told us it was tax. When we talked to the manager, he told her they dont charge tax and the price jump from from the 5% discount. They decided to not tell us when we first called that you couldnt use the discount on sale items. so they put the bumper to normal price then took the 5% off. Even though it was over $100 more.

When we told the manager the price we had originally bought the bumper for. He told us theres no way it was that price because they would barely make anything off of it. Even though I still had the bumper in my Shopping Cart for that price. In the end, he gave us the original price that it was listed for, after much arguing.

I havent ordered any of my Mustangs parts from them ever since.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:44 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 06gtdamon
They had the bumper on sale for something around $670, we called them and placed the order and told them that we had a discount code for 5% off. They told us alright thats fine. When we got the bill, it was over $800.

We called them to find out why the price jump, one salesman told us it was tax. When we talked to the manager, he told her they dont charge tax and the price jump from from the 5% discount. They decided to not tell us when we first called that you couldnt use the discount on sale items. so they put the bumper to normal price then took the 5% off. Even though it was over $100 more.

When we told the manager the price we had originally bought the bumper for. He told us theres no way it was that price because they would barely make anything off of it. Even though I still had the bumper in my Shopping Cart for that price. In the end, he gave us the original price that it was listed for, after much arguing.

I havent ordered any of my Mustangs parts from them ever since.
The exact same thing happened with me when I dealt with Cruising Concepts..
Old 10-02-2011, 02:00 PM
ZPounds07GT
3rd Gear Member

Wow. That's pretty crazy.. When I place the order I plan to call in and make sure of everything. But I found a place around here that I'm going to go through to get my wheels and tires. It will be easier and I will have a local place I can hound if I have issues. lol. Thanks for all the input guys. It will just be easier to keep it close to home.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:14 PM
drakefamily2
1st Gear Member

I bought my hood lift kit from them, no problems.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:44 AM
lenko
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ZPounds07GT
Does anyone know if this company is any good as far as customer service and products??
I posted this on another site last year.

Nut on my 410s came loose and burned up outer pinion bearing. Ordered 410s and gear install kit from CJPonyparts (free shipping - wow). Install kit was shipped to my US pickup town and then I found the FRRP 410s were back ordered. Wasn't told this at the time of order. Cancelled 410s and ordered from another online and they were shipped and delivered within three days and only two days after the CJPonyparts $ 85.00 ring and pinion install kit. Had some other pieces ordered for my Mustang and boat to the same US location. Made a special trip to pick all items up and to my disappointment the $ 85.00 ring and pinion install kit I was expecting turned out to be a small box from CJPonyparts containing a dirty greasy folded differential gasket and a small pastic bag containing a few pinion spacers. There were no bearings, races, seal or any of the items in a real master install kit and all those items wouldn't even fit in their little box. Talk about disappointment. Couldn't wait to drive the 60 + miles home to call CJPony about this. The person I spoke to wanted a photo of the box and items so I sent him one. The end result was they reimbursed my credit card and did not take any extra steps to get an install kit quickly to me and now said they would have to order it. I lost $.50 in the credit card transactions with Us/Can exchange rate. No big deal but shows their indifference. CJPonyparts is a terrible company to deal with and it has absolutely no "goodwill" built into their system. They do not go the extra step to try and rectify their screwup as many other companies do. I will never buy from them again and will definitely not recommend to anyone.
I did order the install kit from another US Muscle car dealer at a cheaper price and for $ 24.00 more for shipping had it in two days. At least I got it and with GREAT SERVICE.
CJPony part on left in photo.

Last edited by lenko; 10-04-2011 at 08:52 AM. Reason: missed word
Old 10-04-2011, 08:48 AM
lenko
1st Gear Member

oops double post

Last edited by lenko; 10-04-2011 at 08:50 AM. Reason: double post