Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Really dumb Fuse question

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 08:50 AM
Ditty
2nd Gear Member

Default Really dumb Fuse question

OK, do NOT take this the wrong way. I have searched and searched....all over the dang car, the manual cover to cover, etc.

WHERE IS THE DANG FUSE BOX INSIDE THE CAR???? (2012 GT)

I've found the under-hood fuse box immediately. I looked on the passenger side kick plate where there IS a fuse picture and all that is back there are relays. WHERE is the fuse box for inside? Not behind the glove box, or under the dash....I can't find it!!! SOOOOOOO frustrating. (and I know I'll feel like a moron when someone tells me where it is.)
Old 11-20-2011, 02:28 PM
Art161
4th Gear Member

Really dumb fuse answer--I don't know.

On my 2007, you take the access panel off on the passenger side kick panel. Inside is a black metal cover that you pull off to get to the fuses. I couldn't figure out how to get the cover off. I pulled on it, but it didn't seem to want to move. I was concerned about breaking the thing. I went to the dealership, and the service advisor didn't know how to remove the cover! It took a tech to show the advisor, who then showed me. There are two tangs, one on the left, and one on the right. You might not to be able to reach the tang on the right, so concentrate on the left one and hope that nothing breaks.

A strong light, such as an LED flashlight, might be of help in seeing what is there.
Old 11-20-2011, 03:50 PM
AzPete
4th Gear Member

Fuse box is under the passenger kick panel. It opens and the box is near the top area, behind a plastic cover. Oddly enough, right where the writer of the owners manual predicted Ford would put it.

From page 225, under the list of fuses...:

"Passenger compartment fuse panel
The fuse panel is located in the lower passenger side area behind the
kick panel. Open the trim panel door and remove the fuse cover to
access the fuses."

Last edited by AzPete; 11-20-2011 at 04:00 PM.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:53 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by Ditty
WHERE IS THE DANG FUSE BOX INSIDE THE CAR???? (2012 GT)
Definitely not a dumb question! As AzPete said, it's located in the lower passenger side area behind the kick panel. Open the trim panel door and remove the fuse cover to access the fuses. It'll be on page 231 of the Owner's Guide.

Originally Posted by Art161
I couldn't figure out how to get the cover off. I pulled on it, but it didn't seem to want to move. I was concerned about breaking the thing. I went to the dealership, and the service advisor didn't know how to remove the cover! It took a tech to show the advisor, who then showed me. There are two tangs, one on the left, and one on the right. You might not to be able to reach the tang on the right, so concentrate on the left one and hope that nothing breaks.

A strong light, such as an LED flashlight, might be of help in seeing what is there.
Good advice about the flashlight. Sorry you had to go to the technician, but I'm glad they were able to help.

~Natasha
Old 11-21-2011, 11:00 AM
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AzPete
......Oddly enough, right where the writer of the owners manual predicted Ford would put it.

From page 225, under the list of fuses...:

"Passenger compartment fuse panel
The fuse panel is located in the lower passenger side area behind the
kick panel. Open the trim panel door and remove the fuse cover to
access the fuses."
Too funny!!!
Old 11-21-2011, 05:09 PM
Ditty
2nd Gear Member

Dang! I scoured the Owners Manual Three different times, and was on my back w/ a flashlight on the floor board looking for the durn fuse box. It must really be up there.

Thanks guys. I'll check to see if I can find it.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:53 PM
AzPete
4th Gear Member

Open passenger door, kneel on ground, twist head to right and stick it under the glove box.....turn on flashlight and look towards the upper corner of the kick panel.....see the door....now try and move to get to it to open it.....call chiropractor to help you get up.....now, convince small child they can do this......
Old 11-21-2011, 07:16 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

As I have been told all my life, "A dumb question, is one that is not asked!"
Old 11-22-2011, 01:22 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MELLOWYELLOW06
As I have been told all my life, "A dumb question, is one that is not asked!"
+1

...or, one that you already know the answer to, lol!
Old 11-22-2011, 04:31 PM
Ditty
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AzPete
Open passenger door, kneel on ground, twist head to right and stick it under the glove box.....turn on flashlight and look towards the upper corner of the kick panel.....see the door....now try and move to get to it to open it.....call chiropractor to help you get up.....now, convince small child they can do this......
LOL....Maybe I can con my 3 year old to get in there and find it for me!!! LOL. I'm getting OLD and this body just doesn't get into the places it used to.

Quick Reply: Really dumb Fuse question