Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bought a mustang with x plan was i charged too much

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 12:16 AM
anton83

Default bought a mustang with x plan was i charged too much

OK i just got a 2012 v6 mustang normal $25290 - they did not really tell me the x plan price just told me the whole price with tax saying the x-plan is included looking on the receipt price shows $24672(does this look right) after looking over the documents theirs a documentary fee of 409 , i thought with the x plan the max the doc fee is $100 is this right? which makes me question if they even gave me the right x plan price , also they didn't even ask for my pin. should i go to the dealer ship and ask for a invoice and x plan price print out plus return on the doc fee ?
Old 12-30-2011, 12:59 AM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

whyed you buy it without knowing what the cars really worth on the x plan, before hand?

why did you let them charge you more on that doc fee?

legally, i think you already agreed to the terms .. youd probably need to throw a hissy fit and give some bad press to get any sort of compensation.

take it as a lesson learned.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:18 AM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

The amount of money people will commit to spend without verifying a deal is amazing. Sorry op, but this was a question to ask them before you signed papers and drove off the lot.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:59 AM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

indeed. to add - you told us none of your package details or options so we couldn't tell you if you got a deal or not.

i'd try not to read into it. you'll probably be upset you didn't look into this in advance.
Old 12-30-2011, 03:27 AM
Antonio323
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by anton83
OK i just got a 2012 v6 mustang <b>normal</b> $25290 - they did not really tell me the x plan price just told me the whole price with tax saying the x-plan is included looking on the receipt price shows $24672(does this look right) after looking over the documents theirs a documentary fee of 409 , i thought with the x plan the max the doc fee is $100 is this right? which makes me question if they even gave me the right x plan price , also they didn't even ask for my pin. should i go to the dealer ship and ask for a invoice and x plan price print out plus return on the doc fee ?
By "normal" do you mean the base Mustang? Meaning that it has cloth seats, no Sync, ugly rubber steering wheel, and minus all the other options? If so, sounds like they did overprice you. I got my base '10 V6 brand new for a little above $23,000 back in August 2009 and from what I see, the '11 and '12 base Mustang's MSRP is still at that $23,000 range. I agree, those are questions you should have asked then and there before you drove off the lot. But look at the bright side, you now have a beautiful car . If I were you, I'd just put it behind me.
Old 12-30-2011, 03:34 AM
Lem-06
4th Gear Member

A couple people kept telling me i over-paid for my 06 GT.
kept saying I coulda went a few k lower, It was the lowest price we saw anywhere close for the year/condition it was in. I didnt feel I had overpaid, I was happy with the car and it is alot of fun .
Old 12-30-2011, 07:54 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

I agree that you signed and drove...those are questions to ask before you sign that and drive out of the dealership. Don't worry about it...put it behind you and enjoy the ride.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:20 AM
chain1
4th Gear Member

Don't worry about whether or not other people think you overpaid. Just enjoy your purchase.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:54 AM
shad2009
5th Gear Member

sounds like you did overpay, but who really knows except the dealership...but it sounds like you got had because if they aren't asking you for your xplan pin, they gave a discount on the car (probably made a little money) and just told you it was xplan because they NEED to have that pin whenever an xplan deal is made.

you should have asked for the invoice before you signed and made sure everything was 100%...i work at a ford dealership and have seen some tricks...x-plan pricing is a non-negotiable set price from ford...if you already signed, the only thing you can really do is make some noise to get some service free (not likely gonna happen) and you could always trash them on the servey when you get it via email...other than that, take it as a lesson learned, move on and enjoy the stang
Old 12-30-2011, 09:02 AM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

Don't sweat it OP. $#%$ happens. Just buy modifications and you'll feel a whole lot better. Let the modding begin ;0)

Quick Reply: bought a mustang with x plan was i charged too much