Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally took some good pics!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 08:19 PM
pinn
2nd Gear Member

Nice looking Stanger!
Old 02-20-2012, 08:24 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it! Love that the body shop I go to let me use their space to complete the install (at no charge) and HAD to get some pics as soon as I was done.

Originally Posted by MadStang40
Looking meaner than hell! Great job Baker, glad your craigslist deal ended up salvageable haha. Btw, great looking pics, what camera did you use???
The camera I used was a Nikon SLR D300s and the lens was a Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 17-35mm 1:2.8D (father's a photographer but I did take the pics).

Here's the night shots I promised:

The flash I used was a Nikon Speedlight SB-900
Old 02-20-2012, 08:29 PM
mystangisblack
2nd Gear Member

Baker, gimme your car. NOW.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:38 PM
stephen1371
2nd Gear Member

what size tire is on the back of that, they look huge
Old 02-20-2012, 08:44 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mystangisblack
Baker, gimme your car. NOW.
LOL...thanks man but "Mojo" is mine

Originally Posted by stephen1371
what size tire is on the back of that, they look huge
Those are only 18x40x275...when the car is no longer a daily driver MT radials will be on the back (at least 305s)!

By the way, fixed some of the first page photos. Didn't like the way I edited them. Looks a lot better now and they aren't all weird sizes.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:48 PM
tdcalhoun89
4th Gear Member

Personally, I'm not a fan of the car. However, the bodywork/paint all looks very well done. I think they car would look better lower, with widder tires, and maybe some spacers out back. The front bumper just looks so empty to me with that big gap...

As for the pictures, very nice. You should try the night time pictures without a flash, using a tripod and a long exposure. If your father is a photographer, he should have some pretty nice lenses you can borrow. Find the one with the largest F setting and use that.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:53 PM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

Sik S197 is sick!!!!!!
Old 02-20-2012, 08:56 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by tdcalhoun89
Personally, I'm not a fan of the car. However, the bodywork/paint all looks very well done. I think they car would look better lower, with widder tires, and maybe some spacers out back. The front bumper just looks so empty to me with that big gap...

As for the pictures, very nice. You should try the night time pictures without a flash, using a tripod and a long exposure. If your father is a photographer, he should have some pretty nice lenses you can borrow. Find the one with the largest F setting and use that.
Actually, funny that you say that because I have Steeda sports, Koni Yellows and Steeda HD strut mounts sitting right beside me awaiting my install. Just haven't gotten around to it. As for the tires, they will definitely be much wider when it's not my daily. I'm assuming your refering to the gap as the space in the bottom center of the bumper and while I've thought of filling that with something be it a billet grille look or what not I think an intercooler will look great through that gap soon

Thanks for the tips on the pics too. Dad's in Tennessee so I couldn't really get any pointers and I did forget the tripod, lol...the other shots I took would have been MUCH nicer but they ended up being out of focus from my exposure setting and shaky hands.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:02 PM
stephen1371
2nd Gear Member

i just got a set of 285 for my car and they dont look nearly as wide maybe its just the angle the pic is taken
Old 02-20-2012, 09:04 PM
tdcalhoun89
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bakerjd
Actually, funny that you say that because I have Steeda sports, Koni Yellows and Steeda HD strut mounts sitting right beside me awaiting my install. Just haven't gotten around to it. As for the tires, they will definitely be much wider when it's not my daily. I'm assuming your refering to the gap as the space in the bottom center of the bumper and while I've thought of filling that with something be it a billet grille look or what not I think an intercooler will look great through that gap soon

Thanks for the tips on the pics too. Dad's in Tennessee so I couldn't really get any pointers and I did forget the tripod, lol...the other shots I took would have been MUCH nicer but they ended up being out of focus from my exposure setting and shaky hands.
Very good! That'll really set the car off in my opinion. The grill will at least help clean it up until you can get that I/C in there.

Just find the widest lens and give that a try. I'm just learning how to take pictures with a DSLR myself, don't be afraid to take a ton of pictures only to end up with one or two good ones. I can't hold a camera still to save my life, don't be afraid to look like a fool with a tripod... people will probably think you work for some big magazine and it's for a cover-shot. Keep up the good work!

Quick Reply: Finally took some good pics!