Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Job, Lots of New Stuff.

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 02:38 PM
whosniffedme
3rd Gear Member

Default New Job, Lots of New Stuff.

I want to preface this saying about a month ago, I got a reply from the Circuit of the Americas for my application to be a track marshal, and I got accepted! I've been doing my training the past couple weeks and the first event (a Cadillac event) starts Thursday and I'm very very excited. I'll be sure to post stuff from the track that I think y'all would enjoy. And if you're ever in the Austin area, you gotta stop by and see this place. It is beautiful.

Now! I recently bought a few things for Calli and I wanted to give my opinions on them.

First off: Steeda Bumpsteer Kit

My outer tie rods were going back and causing my alignment to keep going out, so I went ahead and opted for a step up from OEM replacements. At the same time I got my struts slotted because apparently it was giving me unwanted camber, I'm guessing because of my low-pros? (?) My overall opinion is that I like them. I do feel a little more disconnected from my steering somehow, but I can take turns much more smoothly than before and I get way less bumpsteer. The car feels solid going over rough spots.

Secondly: Redline Goods shift boot (napa leather)

My stock shiftboot obviously didn't fit my shifter, so this was something I was planning on getting for awhile. I had to get a Hurst retainer when I bought it for about 12 bucks. Not gonna lie, my initial impression was "meh" when I got it. It took awhile to get to Texas from Poland, and when I got it it didn't come on a bracket. I understand that they probably didn't want to go through all that effort, but still, taking off your old boot and stretching the new one and then gluing it on is kind of a bitch. Once I got past the annoyances I liked it a lot more. The only problem I'm having is keeping the top of the boot on the retainer. I'm thinking about zip-tying the inside of it to the retainer because I'm tired of it wiggling off when I shift.

Third: Piping

This was a no brainer. 75 cents a yard, 20 yards is enough to do about 3 cars. Looks nice, no glue, no nothing. Just measure and push in. I did the maplight too.

Fourth:Tint (15% front 5% back)
My tint was scratchy, so I fixed the weather seals and got it re-done. I have this set-up on my truck, and I love it. Although it's illegal in my state, if a cop ever pulls me over I just roll all the windows down (I always have them down anyways) and I've never been ticketed. Keeps your interior cool, your leather nicer, and it looks clean!

I also got some door lock pins that I thought were black anodized metal, but instead it was just shiny plastic instead of the regular matte plastic. Total waste of money -_-

There will be plenty more to come. What do y'all think?

Last edited by whosniffedme; 12-04-2012 at 02:41 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:49 PM
4LiterSonic
2nd Gear Member

Looks great! Where'd you buy the piping?
Old 12-04-2012, 10:38 PM
whosniffedme
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 4LiterSonic
Looks great! Where'd you buy the piping?
I believe it was MrMikes.com, you can find this stuff anywhere though. Just look up welting.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:49 PM
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by whosniffedme
Love this picture!
Old 12-05-2012, 09:10 AM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

Your piping looks slick. Now find me some that'll match screaming yellow
Old 12-05-2012, 10:00 AM
Jarrod@latemodel
Former Sponsor

Congrats on the new gig man. Wished I could have made it out for the F1 race. Car is looking good as well.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:27 AM
vossen wheels
Former Sponsor

Congrats on the new job, looks like you're going to be having a lot of fun!
Old 12-05-2012, 11:06 AM
AJSpags
2nd Gear Member

Awesome! I went out to the Formula 1 race last month, such a great track and the drivers really seemed to like it too.

Old 12-05-2012, 12:27 PM
whosniffedme
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by CMcNam
Love this picture!
Thank you! I'm starting to get back into photography.
Originally Posted by Jarrod@latemodel
Congrats on the new gig man. Wished I could have made it out for the F1 race. Car is looking good as well.
I wish I could have too, apparently I could have applied to volunteer that day and I totally wish I would have. And thanks!
Originally Posted by vossen wheels
Congrats on the new job, looks like you're going to be having a lot of fun!
Thank you!!! I definitely will be, just gotta get used to standing in one spot for hours.
Originally Posted by AJSpags
Awesome! I went out to the Formula 1 race last month, such a great track and the drivers really seemed to like it too.
I'm jealous, I wanted to be there so bad. Your photos are fantastic by the way! I'm looking forward to meeting all the drivers and seeing how this compares to other F1 tracks internationally.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:03 PM
CajunJosh

Such a small world, got a chance to work an OT assignment out there handling security at the helipads, never in my life have I seen anything like that.

Quick Reply: New Job, Lots of New Stuff.