Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust Help?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 12:02 AM
Hellbound
1st Gear Member

Default Exhaust Help?

So I'm stuck between 2 exhaust for my 2013 Mustang GT (when it comes in). Right now I have it down to the Borla Atak and the Roush exhaust. Yes, I know I can watch videos on Youtube to get a comparison but I'd like an answer from people who have heard both in person. I'm looking for the Deep Loud American Muscle sound. I'm sure both performance gains are pretty close and won't matter but I'd love to hear the input from people who have heard these exhausts in person and can really give me a good comparison on these two. I know the Roush is about $469 vs the Borla being $870ish....

Yes its the damn mod itch and I don't even have the car yet
Old 03-04-2012, 12:10 AM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

when people buy big v8s they want to hear them .. but they are too quiet from the factory. I dont blame you, I shopped exhaust before I had mine too.

I wanted to get rid of the over axle pipes/resonators as well for a little more volume. I went with the borla 's' catback. glad I did, the axle back would not have been enough for me. the cat back was barely enough : )
Old 03-04-2012, 12:34 AM
Hellbound
1st Gear Member

have you heard the Roush in person? Im just trying to figure out if 400 bucks more is worth it.... I like them both, they both have their perks, but I can't see or hear them in person you know
Old 03-04-2012, 12:42 AM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

i haven't heard either of them in person unfortunately. i can tell you the videos ive watched of the borla s vs what it sounded like in person .. not even close to matching up.

you could always go to your regional forum and see if there's anyone near by with either set up.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:08 AM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Matt, Roush all the way. I couldn't be happier, quiet when you want it to be and aggressive if you need it to be. Come to our Raleigh meet and you can hear mine in person.

I have yet to hear a video clip that evens comes close to what any of the exhaust set ups sound like in person. +1 to what Entaille says. Be patient and hear it in person.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:49 AM
SchneidyP4.6
2nd Gear Member

Just put the Roush axleback on my car yesterday(only 180 miles on the car)! I couldn't be more happy. Easy install, sounds amazing. It's very mellow at idle/cruising, screams when driving hard. There's also no drone in the cabin like the Roush system on the 2010. It's cheap too, 429.00 w/free shipping right now @ CJPonyparts. I think Ford should install this exhaust from the factory, that's how much I like it! I watched videos on youtube for days, you have to hear it in person as the videos don't do the system justice. Just order it, you won't be disappointed! I was able to install it in my garage without jacking the car up, hardest part of install was removing the exhaust mount bolts that are under the stock mufflers on each side. Putting those 2 bolts back on with the Roush mufflers is simple as you have more room to fit a socket in there.

Last edited by SchneidyP4.6; 03-04-2012 at 09:21 AM.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:48 AM
Hellbound
1st Gear Member

yeah im really torn, im thinking about getting the Roush and taking out the resonator.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:50 AM
Hellbound
1st Gear Member

Alan Ill see if John wants to go. I may have my car by than, people who ordered their cars late feb are getting a late march expected delivery. So I got my fingers crossed. Alan did you take out your resonator?
Old 03-04-2012, 11:36 AM
Wil
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Entaille
when people buy big v8s they want to hear them .. but they are too quiet from the factory. I dont blame you, I shopped exhaust before I had mine too.

I wanted to get rid of the over axle pipes/resonators as well for a little more volume. I went with the borla 's' catback. glad I did, the axle back would not have been enough for me. the cat back was barely enough : )
Axle back's are not as loud as the cat backs?
Old 03-04-2012, 02:55 PM
Hellbound
1st Gear Member

also i heard you have to drill holes in your Roush mufflers to drain water....???

Quick Reply: Exhaust Help?