Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

catch can's

Old 03-08-2012, 11:27 AM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by wcgman
So on the 2010, you install this on the driver's side or passenger side of the engine? In the UPR install pics from the UPR website, its attached on the passenger side, but in both the pics in this thread, its on the drivers side.

Whats more, does anyone with a 2010 GT and a Roush M90 have a catch can installed and has pics or product recommendations? I need to get a better pic, but I dont see a lot of room to put one in there.
Our kit comes with enough hose to put the can basically anywhere you want, and it's the good fuel & oil certified hose. I only used probably less than half of the hose on my car.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:21 PM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by UPRSharad
Our kit comes with enough hose to put the can basically anywhere you want, and it's the good fuel & oil certified hose. I only used probably less than half of the hose on my car.
My UPR catch can came with a flimsy heater hose, which has been know to collapse under vacuum. I had to purchase a marine-grade fuel line hose for my install.

Last edited by jdmcbride; 03-08-2012 at 12:29 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:23 PM
highline
4th Gear Member

^^^hmmm good to know
Old 03-08-2012, 01:12 PM
SoCalGT08

I went with JLT because install is about 30 seconds.....simple plug and play...hoses and fittings included

Old 03-08-2012, 01:28 PM
GT/CS_2011
1st Gear Member

I spoke with JLT on the subject of oil separators for Coyote engines. You need to have one on the PVC side and if you are seeing oil on the throttle plate then you need one for the drivers side. If you don't see oil in the catch after several hundred miles, it is not working.

The plastic ones, once the level starts to rise bypass. The Steeda, UPR, JLT oil separators hold a lot and should only need to be emptied when you change the oil.

Since I have a cheap plastic one on my pvc side I am going to replace it. I am going to check and see if I need 2 or not.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:28 PM
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

All these filters contain an element inside that is supposed to catch the oil by condensation. Note: The material is important, last thing you want is to have the wire sucked into your intake!! That's why I selected this one...

https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...d-engines.html

Last edited by Roy_R; 03-14-2012 at 12:40 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:36 PM
SteedaBrandon
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Roy_R
All these filters contain an element inside that is supposed to catch the oil by condensation. Note: The material is important, last think you want is to have the wire sucked into your intake!! That's why I selected this one...

Our's will not cause you to 'have wire sucked into the intake.'
Old 03-08-2012, 05:12 PM
GT/CS_2011
1st Gear Member

Talking

After speaking with a couple of different places and people, I ended up ordering the Steeda 5.0....I don't know how much difference there is between any of them. But Steeda's looked the best and of course if it's shiny it's faster right? J/K
Old 03-08-2012, 05:23 PM
GT/CS_2011
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Roy_R
All these filters contain an element inside that is supposed to catch the oil by condensation. Note: The material is important, last think you want is to have the wire sucked into your intake!! That's why I selected this one...

Moroso cut and pasted from the referenced thread "There is a steel wool type filter elimate inside but it is not steel wool"

What is that supposed to mean, lol
Old 03-08-2012, 06:37 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by outceltj
U can use a breather. I have a catch can on the driver side and a breather on the passenger. It works well and oil does not just go everywhere. I do clean my engine bay about once a month. So if your looking to completely get rid of it breathers would be what u need
I've said this several times now, but here it goes again. How can you have a breather on the passenger side and catch can on the drivers side? Is your catch can still plumbed to the intake manifold? If so, then you are sucking in unmetered air through the crankcase from your breather. Both sides of the crankcase are connected.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: catch can's