Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

does anyone have the ducktail spoiler?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 04:19 AM
doobs
4th Gear Member

Default does anyone have the ducktail spoiler?

does anyone have the ducktail spoiler on their new mustangs? if you do please post so pics of it. and also do any of you have the lightbar for the 05-06 convertible? if so could you also post a picture of yours. i have seen pics on different websites but the cars aren't stock with those pictures. i just wanna get a rough idea with a couple of pictures
Old 09-17-2005, 01:36 PM
Jim Smyth
1st Gear Member

Default RE: does anyone have the ducktail spoiler?

I put a Cerninis ducktail spoiler on my car and am very happy. Here is a link, scroll down to the bottom

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...ad.php?t=44951
Old 09-17-2005, 02:52 PM
old tsteffes
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Jim Smyth

I put a Cerninis ducktail spoiler on my car and am very happy. Here is a link, scroll down to the bottom

That looks great! Did you order your car with the Spoiler Delete option? Did the new spoiler require drilling? Did it cover the old spoiler holes?
Old 09-18-2005, 01:47 PM
BrookShadow_RC
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tsteffes

ORIGINAL: Jim Smyth

That looks great! Did you order your car with the Spoiler Delete option? Did the new spoiler require drilling? Did it cover the old spoiler holes?

I'll see you those questions and raise you one more... Did you add the spoiler yourself or did you have the work done?
Old 09-19-2005, 04:28 PM
official_style

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=576336
Old 09-19-2005, 06:27 PM
Jim Smyth
1st Gear Member

My mustang had the factory spoiler on it orginally. So I needed to get something that I like in a ducktail spoiler and it had to cover the orginal factory holes. I ordered the ducktail spoiler from Cerninis. Its the first one I seen that I liked. Very fast shipping and it ran about $300 delivered. I had my body shop bud paint it for me and I gave him $200 for the paint job. I installed it myself, kinda a PITA if you havent done it before. If you decide to mount it yourself make sure there isnt any wax on the paint that you plan on sticking the 3M tape onto. There is some stuff that you can get that cleans the wax off. There is also a provision to drill holes through the decklid and screw into the spoiler but I just went with the 3M tape. If its preped correctly you shouldnt have any problems. I used alot masking tape to hold all 3 pieces down tight to the car/paint. This allows you to get it centered up correctly. Then you can start working the backing off the 3M tape. The other directions Cervinis gives you will help with the rest of the install.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:15 PM
doobs
4th Gear Member

thanks for the pictures jim and official. the ducktail spoiler im looking at however covers up the 3rd brake light. it should look the same but i would go with the one im looking at just because i plan on getting a light bar at sometime that comes with a 3rd brake light. it would look kinda goofy imo opinion if i had 4 brakelights or 3 brakelights with one looking burnt out. thanks for the pictures they gave me a rough idea.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:54 AM
old tsteffes
I ♥ Acer

Thanks!
Old 10-09-2005, 10:27 PM
mrchase1

here is the picture of my cdc duck tail spoiler, I installed it myself and also added the 3rd brake light kit which also cdc sells.

hope this helps
Old 10-09-2005, 11:22 PM
doobs
4th Gear Member

looks good thats the spoiler i was looking at. did the the middle piece mount into the old spoiler holes. if so did it at least cover the old spoiler holes?

Quick Reply: does anyone have the ducktail spoiler?