Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Fix" it or trade it?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 02:01 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hotwheelracer
Get a prius if gas milage is a bigger concern that enjoying what you drive. When I bought my car I hemmed and hawed about the same thing. My wife said, get the car that will make you happy.(damn I love that womean!) While spending less on gas would be great, I look forward to driving my car every day. If I would have got and accord or camry it would have been "just a car."
I seriously enjoy driving to work and school every morning. Not because I'm looking forward to the work day (I'm not) but because I love driving my car.

And trying to to keep the revs down to get the best MPGs is financially responsible, but hot damn is it boring.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:03 PM
2007bluestang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MadStang40
I seriously enjoy driving to work and school every morning. Not because I'm looking forward to the work day (I'm not) but because I love driving my car.

And trying to to keep the revs down to get the best MPGs is financially responsible, but hot damn is it boring.
I feel the same. I love yhe drive to my gfs house. It takes like a gallon just to get there but its fun. I love driving and its only because of my car
Old 03-29-2012, 02:04 PM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

I hate to be rude, but if you're having buyers remorse, the only way out of it is to take a hit. I've sold a car after owning it for 3 months before (Camaro SS), sometimes there are flaws in cars you just can't accept or fix.

you made the economical choice. you got the v6. you want more low end power (v8?) but more mpg (?), you can't have it all. if gas prices are killing you at 26mpg, you probably shouldn't be driving an expensive car. I'd say other factors are probably costing you more and the gas prices are just the icing on the cake. 26mpg and over 300 horses .. you have it good man. be content with what you have or take the hit and move on!
Old 03-29-2012, 02:08 PM
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

Change your driving technique. Don't jump off the line, and don't come to a fast stop. Finesse the throttle and the brakes, and you'll get much better mileage.

The V6 has the power you want - if you want to improve the low-end, there are steps you can take, but know that an improvement in one area usually means a degradation in other parts of the power band. Like everything else on a performance car, balance and compromise are the keys.

(I feel like Mr. Miagi from Karate Kid - wax on, wax off, grasshopper. )
Old 03-29-2012, 06:10 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

How about we all encourage our friends family and neighbors to buy really good MPG vehicles (sure! buy a prius!) If we get everyone we know to buy those, the demand for gas in the US will drop and hopefully we can create an oil glut to drive gas prices way down. Then we can drive the heck out of our rides!
Old 03-29-2012, 06:44 PM
CaptainRon
2nd Gear Member

I couldn't be any more happier with my 2012 V6 M6 coupe with the 2:73 axle. Its plenty fast and powerful enough for me, and with the 3:31 rear you get even more zip. I'm planning on getting a Ford racing 3:55 gears soon but man, you cant beat the gas mileage on those 2:73's. Im getting 32.7mpg with the cruise set at 70mph and I can drop it down to 5th and floor it and I'll be at 100mph in about 3 seconds... Not too many V6's can do that. Keep your car!!!!
Old 03-29-2012, 10:07 PM
Lem-06
4th Gear Member

All the above. Every day
I love my 06 gt
Im spending more moding it then i am in gas im pretty sure
Just bought her a mgw shifter
Also i bought a jack. Stands. Gonna get an impact gun soon.
I worry less about mpg and stand on the gas nearly every day with a smile on my face
Old 03-30-2012, 01:00 AM
BlackGT45th
2nd Gear Member

If you are unhappy with your purchase then find something that will make you happy.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:22 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

For as much time as I spend driving to and from work every week, if I owned a Prius I'd kill myself, lol...Nothing like driving a car that puts a smile on your face everytime you go WOT
Old 03-30-2012, 01:33 AM
BlackGT45th
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bakerjd
For as much time as I spend driving to and from work every week, if I owned a Prius I'd kill myself, lol...Nothing like driving a car that puts a smile on your face everytime you go WOT
Suicide is never the answer Baker... If you ever buy a Prius I'll be the one that kills you.

Quick Reply: "Fix" it or trade it?