Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well, I got T-Boned yesterday : (

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 03:27 PM
eolson
3rd Gear Member

Default Well, I got T-Boned yesterday : (

Yep, it finally happened to me. A Grandma started off from the stop sign on the right as I was passing and didn't see me. She hit (T-Boned) the lower rear passenger door and lower front quarter panel, and my right rear wheel going about 5 or 6 miles per hour. This was yesterday at 2:20pm eastern time, Novi, Michigan.

We did a 180 and jumped the passenger side curb. No air bags, not real high impact, but still violent considering the spin and jumping the curb. I thought the car was destroyed from the sound of it.

Actually, the damage as far as we know so far was to the door, quarter panel, wheel had a chunk missing and the tire was flat and ripped. Other wise the car tracked fine pulling over to the curb and rolling off the tow truck back to park.

She was fine, no air bag, front end torn to radiator, and totally at fault according to the police report.

Oh, and as secondary importance, my wife and I are fine and totally un harmed, as well. We'll see how the frame and chassis did, but initially seem fine, as well as the rear axel I hope. Could have been a lot worse.

As I was spinning, I thought, "great, my beautiful car is being destroyed, what am I gong to say to all the guys up at Ladd body shop. I wasn't even pissed because when i got out and raced around the car, it wasn't nearly as bad as i thought. We'll see though.

My wife and I were actually swearing and saying "this is going to really hurt" as we were spinning. I'm a bit more of a Vulcan than I thought, as I kept my cool the whole time, and just got to work on making all the calls. Now, the wait.............Erik
Old 04-05-2012, 03:31 PM
BKamp613
2nd Gear Member

That sucks man. Hope you get everything worked out.

I always wonder why certain Stangs get hit. They're mostly loud, and in your case (and mine a few months back) brightly colored.
Old 04-05-2012, 03:47 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

That sucks man, glad everyone is ok. Hope the repairs come out good.
Old 04-05-2012, 03:53 PM
Tex-stang
2nd Gear Member

Been there right between the wheels in the driver door. Walked away unharmed. Well built cars no matter what anyone says. Good Luck.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:33 PM
4LiterSonic
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BKamp613
They're mostly loud, and in your case (and mine a few months back) brightly colored.
You would think that would help keep you from getting hit.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:42 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Yea, you would think, but all you need in this country to get a driver's license is a pulse.

There's your culprit.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:04 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Erik, sorry that this happened to you and your wife. I hope the car comes out okay.

Did you wife beat the $#!t out of grandma? Just kidding. Heck, she probably thought she was sitting in her rocker at home watching the Stig drive a car on Top Gear.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:37 PM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Sorry for the loss....now lets see picts!

what to soon?

Matthew
Old 04-05-2012, 07:57 PM
Lil_Chef
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BKamp613
That sucks man. Hope you get everything worked out.

I always wonder why certain Stangs get hit. They're mostly loud, and in your case (and mine a few months back) brightly colored.
Yeah it's really odd. about 6 months ago somebody t-boned my bright orange loud as F*** motorcycle. we really need to up the standards to get a license.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:09 PM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

it's amazing to hear how much damage can occur from such a low speed impact.. D:

thousands in repairs for both cars for what seems like it would be a little bump.

sorry for your troubles

Quick Reply: Well, I got T-Boned yesterday : (