Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can anyone help me out?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 07:57 AM
mayo
4th Gear Member

Show the car to your agent!
Surely to god the guy can count to 6...right?
and get your damn money back to boot!
Old 04-06-2012, 09:05 AM
D'prived
4th Gear Member

Have you tried Googling the VIN to see what it comes up with?
Old 04-06-2012, 09:40 AM
ZPounds07GT
3rd Gear Member

I don't know if it is the sae way with State Farm as it is Nationwide (for which I am an agent) but when we get the VIN, if put in correctly it automatically rates the car and cannot be changed by an agent. If the VIN is not correct it will not pull up another vehicle to put in it's place. This, to me sounds like an issue with Ford putting the wrong VIN on it somehow?

Your age, driving history, credit (if on your policy), model of the car and model year of the car all affect the price of your insurance.

The first thing I would do is verify the VIN with your agent. Then contact Ford to see if they can do anything to fix this. More than likely if the VIN is correct in the system, an adjuster will not be able to do anything for you.

I really hope you can get this straightened out. I don't understand how this could have happened. I would imagine they would send you a check for a refund given that they can correct this massive mistake. Even though I work for Nationwide, State Farm is a good company too. I'm sure they will do what they can to get it fixed.

Good luck!