Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.

Help deciding on next mod

Old 05-02-2012, 11:09 PM
Roush05
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by russellthelovemuscle View Post
or a upr tubular k member kit, there under a grand and drop a ton of weight. also installation is easy
Do you mind linking me to one of these? I googled it and couldn't find one.

And as far as supercharging, I am going to sit down and do some hardcore number crunching. If I get a supercharger, I want a twin screw/positive displacement blower. The min on that with install and all is going to be close to 4k, right?
Old 05-02-2012, 11:30 PM
Roush05
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MadStang40 View Post
Cams! The g/f might grow to love 'em, might not.

Or lowering springs? Would a mild 1" drop cause big problems?
Here's a pic of my clearance. About 6.5". I had to go up under my car cover in the dark to take this :P

EDIT: I think russell may be right. I may just wait until I can afford a roushcharger. I see a full non-intercooled kit on craigslist for $2500. I can do the install myself without a lot of trouble, and then get Eric Brooks from ModularFords to tune it for me. His cost for a supercharged/turboed dyno tune is $500. So do you guys think it's safe to say that I could be supercharged for 3 grand?

Last edited by Roush05; 05-02-2012 at 11:42 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:54 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Roush05 View Post
Give me a second and I'll get a pic of my clearance to give you an idea.
Depending on the clearance you specifically require, I see no problem with a 1" drop (Steeda Sports). I have a Roush front/chin/rockers and I'm lowered with Steeda Sports. You just may have to adapt your driving style. I don't but I don't have a steep driveway or the like. I can take pics of clearance and do some measurements if you'd like. Just let me know what info you'd like me to gather for you.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:57 PM
Roush05
3rd Gear Member

I'd be interested to know the clearance of your front bumper for comparison. I posted a pic of my clearance right above you. But all this talk of saving money has me thinking roushcharger. If I can save 1k, I can save 3k. I told my girlfriend that I was thinking about supercharging and her response was 'oh lord'. lol. she knows how I am once I set my mind on something.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:58 PM
Thor
2nd Gear Member

I would definitely do cams if I were you but saving for a Supercharger would be the best option.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:00 AM
Roush05
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Thor View Post
I would definitely do cams if I were you but saving for a Supercharger would be the best option.
That's my next question. IF I save for a supercharger, going by craiglist, would 3k be a feasible amount to save to get one? I have always liked the Roush M90, and there is a complete used kit on craigslist for $2500. I can do the install myself(I have read the vortech manual at least 20 times, there won't be a ton of difference between it and the roush as far as engine modifications go). I would take it to BrooksSpeed for tuning, which is $500. So isn't 3k a good number to shoot for? of course it may be $100-200 over that in missing parts or unforseeable circumstances.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:12 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

I'd be interested to know the clearance of your front bumper for comparison. I posted a pic of my clearance right above you. But all this talk of saving money has me thinking roushcharger. If I can save 1k, I can save 3k. I told my girlfriend that I was thinking about supercharging and her response was 'oh lord'. lol. she knows how I am once I set my mind on something.
It's storming here currently so I'll get that posted up as soon as I can.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:15 AM
Roush05
3rd Gear Member

That's fine, no rush. I appreciate it.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:16 AM
Thor
2nd Gear Member

That's my next question. IF I save for a supercharger, going by craiglist, would 3k be a feasible amount to save to get one? I have always liked the Roush M90, and there is a complete used kit on craigslist for $2500. I can do the install myself(I have read the vortech manual at least 20 times, there won't be a ton of difference between it and the roush as far as engine modifications go). I would take it to BrooksSpeed for tuning, which is $500. So isn't 3k a good number to shoot for? of course it may be $100-200 over that in missing parts or unforseeable circumstances.
I bought my Saleen from a forum member for 3k so you could certainly find an M90 or Vortech for less than or equal to that.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:18 AM
Roush05
3rd Gear Member

Sounds good. I'm scouring my house for things to sell to make a little extra cash. lol. Looks like this guy is gonna have to get a summer job.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help deciding on next mod

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.