Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I would not trade my 3.7 PREMIUM for a 5.0 BASE

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 06:32 AM
wkayl
1st Gear Member

Default I would not trade my 3.7 PREMIUM for a 5.0 BASE

Let me qualify this. I have a 2011 V6 Premium Convertible. Yesterday the dealer talked me into driving a Base GT. I would not give up my Premium. Now to be truthful, a month ago we drove a 2012 California Special Premium. If they would have gotten a little closer to my payment plan goals, we would have the 2012. That car was sweet. The sound and power of the v8 cannot be denied. But the Premium over the Base can't be beat for me. Take into consideration that I am an old guy though (I went to the original 3 Stooges movies), and creature comforts are a very big plus for me. All 3 cars were Black on Black, so except for rims and badging looked almost identical (from a distance).
Old 05-05-2012, 06:38 AM
wkayl
1st Gear Member

Me and my car.

Old 05-05-2012, 06:56 AM
MoshpitMad
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by wkayl
The sound and power of the v8 cannot be denied. But the Premium over the Base can't be beat for me.
It's not a choice between the 3.7 and 5.0 then, it's a choice of base or premium. You wanted the 5.0, but couldn't afford the 5.0 Premium. Your title was a little misleading...but it got me to read this.

What part of Colorado? I still haven't met any Mustang owners.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:03 AM
wkayl
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MoshpitMad
It's not a choice between the 3.7 and 5.0 then, it's a choice of base or premium. You wanted the 5.0, but couldn't afford the 5.0 Premium. Your title was a little misleading...but it got me to read this.

What part of Colorado? I still haven't met any Mustang owners.
I guess I should have made it clearer in the topic heading. If I could edit it to "I would not trade my 3.7 Premium for a 5.0 Base" I would. But on a slightly positive note, in your own words, "but it got me to read this".

I live in Loveland and am a member of the Northern Colorado Mustang Car Club http://www.ncmcc.org/ . We put on an All American Car Show every year around the 4th of July. http://allamericancarshow.com/ . No rice need to show up.

Last edited by wkayl; 05-05-2012 at 07:08 AM.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:16 AM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

I can see your point. I went from a base 4.0 to a premium GT. I could never go back to a base car. Unfortunately, that power has spoiled me too.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:18 AM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

I can understand where you're coming from on this one. Some people wouldn't dream of driving anything but the base versions of these cars because they aren't after any luxuries, just a fun engine. But...when I went into my dealer I started things off with, I'm either ordering a V6 Premium or GT Premium. I like the creature comforts the premium has, and luckily for me I was able to make the GT premium happen but I would've also been very happy with the V6 Prem.

It's a nice car! Part of me secretly wishes I had a black mustang.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:27 AM
wkayl
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by pdonket
It's a nice car! Part of me secretly wishes I had a black mustang.
The girl at the Wendys drive through liked it too. But she has a girlfriend, not that there is anything wrong with that.

Oh, on a side note, "my" car is realy my wife's daily driver. I just get to play with it evenings and weekends. She is not a gaget person at all, but after I synced her phone to the car, she calls me almost every time she gets in it.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:55 AM
Cardstang
1st Gear Member

When I decided to begin looking to buy a Mustang, I originally wanted just the base model.

I'm so glad I went with the Premium. The leather and the SYNC are nice.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:55 AM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wkayl
I guess I should have made it clearer in the topic heading. If I could edit it to "I would not trade my 3.7 Premium for a 5.0 Base" I would. But on a slightly positive note, in your own words, "but it got me to read this".

I live in Loveland and am a member of the Northern Colorado Mustang Car Club http://www.ncmcc.org/ . We put on an All American Car Show every year around the 4th of July. http://allamericancarshow.com/ . No rice need to show up.
Beautiful ride. I live in Loveland too - Loveland, Ohio, LOL.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:58 AM
AzPete
4th Gear Member

She is calling to see if you are standing at that drive through......

Quick Reply: I would not trade my 3.7 PREMIUM for a 5.0 BASE