Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My car got egg'd

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 05:59 PM
Hinojosa
2nd Gear Member

envy is one big bitch, i park my car in front of security cameras just in case anyone tries something funny
Old 05-21-2012, 06:54 PM
Thrashard340
2nd Gear Member

I hate this. Sorry to hear about your car getting egged. Before I had any of my Mustangs, my previous car got egged 3 times within a year...twice within 6 weeks. The first one hit so hard that there was a ring of scratches on my decklid. This was on a 1998 Infiniti I-30 that had never been wrecked so the paint was in original mint condition. I was convinced that it was the same culprits. It's frustrating. OK..the first time...it may have been funny for them. But what's the purpose in repeatedly egging the same cars? I thought about getting a security system, but could not justify the $1,000-ish dollars to do so. And even so, a camera wouldn't have guaranteed that I could identify them.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:08 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Thrashard340
...And even so, a camera wouldn't have guaranteed that I could identify them.
If you had this surveillance camera, you could pretty much count their nose hairs...
http://www.avigilon.com/products/dat...P-HD-PRO-C.pdf

however at a fractional cost of your car it's probably not worth it.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:10 PM
DRAGUL
5th Gear Member

Sorry that it happened to you, and I also know the feeling all to well coming out and seeing it. A few years back when I had my truck someone egged it. I only had it back a couple of days from having the whole truck repainted. I had a line of scratches on the hood where it hit, which were to deep to buff out. Sad part is 9 times out of 10 you can never get justice.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:24 PM
Joe Pooch
1st Gear Member

I feel your pain dude. First week i had the car i went out for a late dinner, and someone pissed on mine. Then like two weeks later i went to a bar, came out only two find some spit two big loogies on it. And the most recent i left it overnight at my friends and i guess someone sat on it because i can see the *** prints in the dust.

People need to leave alone what isn't theirs
Old 05-22-2012, 08:09 AM
wkayl
1st Gear Member

One thing you had going for you is that you wern't driving down the sreet at 40 mph and had it hit right in your line of vision. This was in my work van. I think I got a hard breaking incident on my GPS report.

Old 05-22-2012, 10:22 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

That sucks bro.....No respect for other peoples property!
I keep my car in the garage at night, due to those reasons.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:27 PM
HIS S-197
1st Gear Member

In the last week, we've had posts about Mustangs being keyed, egged, and having all it's glass broken... senseless vandilism abounds
Old 05-22-2012, 01:29 PM
ninefooter
1st Gear Member

Yea I just installed a motion activated day/night security camera 24 hours that records videos in 5 second durations but will continue if the motion continues. It stores over 16 thousand videos 5 seconds long in pretty good quality (good enough to identify someone or get a plate). It's plugged into a separate dvr that plugs into the video port in our TV.

It worked pretty nicely earlier. We heard someone outside and instead of walking out there to see I just switched input from our tv to video and saw 2 people walking around my car looking at it and they walked away. Now if anything ever happens to it I can check the logs.

I use my garage as a pool table room so I can't put the vehicle in there and the front of our house has no windows except up stairs so now I have eyes out there all the time!

One camera + recorder + SD card was nowhere near 1,000 dollars either. It was about half of an insurance deductible so I think it's worth it.

Last edited by ninefooter; 05-22-2012 at 03:55 PM.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:35 PM
Thrashard340
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ninefooter
One camera + recorder + SD card was nowhere near 1,000 dollars either. It was about half of an insurance deductible so I think it's worth it.
If you can, please post the part #'s of your set up so fellow forum members can duplicate your system.

It wouldn't work for me though. When my car was getting egged, it was parked either on the street in front of my house or across the street. I doubt this system would be powerful enough to identify faces and license plate on a car moving 30+ MPH.

I don't park in the garage either. Although, I did notice that my car wasn't getting egged when I park on the driveway.

Quick Reply: My car got egg'd