Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad Luck

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 03:13 PM
mystangisblack
2nd Gear Member

Unhappy Bad Luck

So last week a hail storm came through edmond and I was at work. I parked my car underneath a bank close by but the hail came from the west, and the bank lanes were going east to west. And well, I got hit, pretty good. Around 15 little hail dents in my hood and two big ones. My insurance is a $500 deduct and I almost think it's not worth it to get my stock hood fixed. So, I'm thinking about getting a brand new aftermarket hood, which, is going to be cheaper than my deduct, unpainted. The thing is, I'm going to OSU in the fall and my car will be parked outside all the time. So, what if another hail storm comes through when Im up in Stillwater and does the same thing? I need opinions. Also, will a car cover help protect a car from hail somewhat?
Old 06-04-2012, 03:55 PM
Jas5
3rd Gear Member

Sorry to hear man...
I'd get an aftermarket hood for sure, and anytime you see hail in the forecast, better grab a big blanket and cover your car up! Not a whole lot you can do... PS i'm down in norman and I remember the hail, we only got pea sized ones though
Old 06-04-2012, 04:00 PM
mystangisblack
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jas5
Sorry to hear man...
I'd get an aftermarket hood for sure, and anytime you see hail in the forecast, better grab a big blanket and cover your car up! Not a whole lot you can do... PS i'm down in norman and I remember the hail, we only got pea sized ones though
Never realized you were in OK! We should meet up sometime, get a group together!
Old 06-04-2012, 04:23 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Ouch, that sucks. :/
There isn't a whole hell of a lot you can do. Maybe you should wait until tornado season is over and then replace the hood.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:31 PM
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

Leave it like that, should be faster if you believe the technology as used in golf *****....should also be more fuel efficient

http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/myth...-minimyth.html

Old 06-04-2012, 06:40 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Do you want the car to look like it should? Either way it's a roll of the dice.

Unless that car cover is made of sheet metal or chainmaille, it won't stop rocks traveling at about 32 fps.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:24 PM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

I've always been a fan of the Kaenen cowl. You could probably sell your stock hood too. Honestly you could probably have a PDR guy fix it for pretty cheap.

I've always told myself I'd pick up one of these bad boys if I ever get hail damage.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:58 PM
BWfVA
4th Gear Member

I would buy a Keanan in a freakin heartbeat

The problem is I cant find them anywhere so if anyone has a hookup let me know I am in the market for a hood. I guess I going with a trufiber 2 inch cowl if I cant get a keanan

I love that Keanan hood its just they are dang near impossible to get
Old 06-05-2012, 12:29 AM
mystangisblack
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BWfVA
I would buy a Keanan in a freakin heartbeat

The problem is I cant find them anywhere so if anyone has a hookup let me know I am in the market for a hood. I guess I going with a trufiber 2 inch cowl if I cant get a keanan

I love that Keanan hood its just they are dang near impossible to get
AM has 3 inch cowls I'm pretty sure...

And in response to this, i really like the Trufiber SVT Hood, http://www.americanmuscle.com/trufib...hood-0509.html
Old 06-05-2012, 12:39 AM
joshyross70
1st Gear Member

sorry to hear what happened to your stang. i would go with that keanen cowl hood. it looks pretty sick

Quick Reply: Bad Luck