Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Damnit!, this sucks!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 01:43 PM
acctingman
1st Gear Member

Default Damnit!, this sucks!

Sorry.....

Honestly, nothing really here to see or discuss. I'm just DYING because I still have a good 6 months to go to wait and get my 11'GT

I frequent this site DAILY which isn't making this any easier, AND all you folks have AMAZING looking Ponies....it's killing me!

Kinda wish I could fast forward to Dec-Jan

Anyone here have to wait that long? What did you do to cope?
Old 06-11-2012, 01:48 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by acctingman
Sorry.....

Honestly, nothing really here to see or discuss. I'm just DYING because I still have a good 6 months to go to wait and get my 11'GT

I frequent this site DAILY which isn't making this any easier, AND all you folks have AMAZING looking Ponies....it's killing me!

Kinda wish I could fast forward to Dec-Jan

Anyone here have to wait that long? What did you do to cope?
What is making you wait? Out of the country? Money?

All I can say is that you'll enjoy it that much more having waited.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:00 PM
B.Richards
1st Gear Member

It will go by super fast!! Try Forza for XBox it is a lot of fun!!! Can build your Mustang before you get the real thing!!
Old 06-11-2012, 02:01 PM
Tom V
2nd Gear Member

If it will make things any easier? I shopped around off and on for literally over two years before I got the car I was looking for. I feel for ya. Hang in there, it will happen.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:44 PM
acctingman
1st Gear Member

I know, stupid post, but it's killing me!

I've wanted a newer Pony now going on 2+ years. I'm wanting to go in with $10k cash/trade, financing the rest on a 11' GT. I want to keep my payments in the $275-$300 a month range.

I know this is petty (considering there are tons of people worried about loved ones serving overseas, people with missing limbs and severe health problems).....but it's been a LONG, LONG love affair between me and the Pony!

Anyways.....back to regular schuduled programming
Old 06-11-2012, 02:58 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Looks like you should be looking in the $25,000-$27,000 range once you get your $10,000. Assuming you qualify for low interest (2.99%) through a credit union or something and you finance over 5 years. Not sure what your taxes are, so that will factor into it.

$27,000 puts your payments right around $305 a month, so anything less than that, you can either wait and have a lower payment, or buy the car earlier with less down.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:20 PM
Andy13186
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by siggyfreud
Looks like you should be looking in the $25,000-$27,000 range once you get your $10,000. Assuming you qualify for low interest (2.99%) through a credit union or something and you finance over 5 years. Not sure what your taxes are, so that will factor into it.

$27,000 puts your payments right around $305 a month, so anything less than that, you can either wait and have a lower payment, or buy the car earlier with less down.
edit, ahh yea 10k down payment will be good very similar to what i did my payments ended up at 355$ although i did get a premium.

with a base model 2011 GT with like 20k miles you may be able to get those payments, id say the extra money for a premium is worth it though.

Last edited by Andy13186; 06-11-2012 at 03:23 PM.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:28 PM
acctingman
1st Gear Member

Well, of course I'm looking now even though I'm not quite ready to pull the trigger

The only thing I'm 100% sure on wanting is leather. Living in the Pacific Northwest, leather seats won't get all toasty on me. I just don't like cloth seats.

As for all the bells and whistles, I'm not into them much. Keeping my payments in the $300 range is more of a concern than anything else, but I'm not above buying something if it's REALLY what I want.

GT's are more expensive here in Washington for some reason.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:33 PM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

I said screw the patience and took out a larger loan. I am too concerned about gas prices and where they are going - I wanted to make sure I maximized the amount of time that I got to enjoy my v8.

I was originally saving more money and waiting for the 2013 to drop - I ended up only putting 2000$ down and jumping on a 2012.

I was dead set on waiting for that 2013 - but being excited and impatient, I kept checking out Mustangs at the dealership. after about the 4th trip to one .. I saw a 2010 GT500 and a 2012 GT/CS parked side by side - this let me see the looks of the front ends side by side. I fell in love with the GT/CS front end for the 12' and it sealed the deal.

.. then I was crushed and found out you can't stuff Brembo's behind the CS package wheels .. easy fix, though. buy the GT w/ brembos and add the CS fascia

that being said .. if you don't want to pull the trigger earlier, I suggest you stop thinking about them, and definitely stop looking at them. lol.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:47 PM
acctingman
1st Gear Member

"if you don't want to pull the trigger earlier, I suggest you stop thinking about them, and definitely stop looking at them. lol"

So easier said than done

As far as gas prices these days, I'm not concerned at all. I live 2.2 miles away from work and I put, on average, 8k miles a year on my current ride

Quick Reply: Damnit!, this sucks!