Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

She died yesterday...

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 10:57 AM
08GTWhite

Originally Posted by BigDinTexas
Holy crap! Shouldn't have let Lindsay Lohan borrow the Porsche...
rofl.

Hey man, glad you're good. On the bright side, 2013 incoming.

Hopefully you won't have too much of a headache dealing with insurance companies.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:04 PM
Shelby350Mike
2nd Gear Member

Actually, I was already deemed not at fault. (I wasn't worried about that, but had a slight fear because I am an 18 year old kid in a Mustang)

However, they are only allowing me to claim $500 in aftermarket parts though. Which is really pissing me off considering I really had $3000 in it...
Old 06-26-2012, 03:54 PM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

Since the accident is not your fault, I am presuming you are making the claim against the other person's insurance? Tell them to stuff it and that state law requires they make you whole... Not better than before the accident, but certainly as you were before their client caused the accident. Perhaps mention how you are beginning to feel as if your only recourse might be to hire an attorney. A $2500 loss for an accident you didn't cause is IMO unacceptable and the claims adjuster handling this case should be ashamed of themselves.

Don
Old 06-26-2012, 04:24 PM
SchneidyP4.6
2nd Gear Member

Old 06-26-2012, 08:52 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BigDinTexas
Perhaps mention how you are beginning to feel as if your only recourse might be to hire an attorney.
Don
F- that start going to a doctor/chiropractor for neck and back pains that have now shown up because of the accident- that is how you get an isurance companies attention.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:35 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Shelby350Mike
Actually, I was already deemed not at fault. (I wasn't worried about that, but had a slight fear because I am an 18 year old kid in a Mustang)

However, they are only allowing me to claim $500 in aftermarket parts though. Which is really pissing me off considering I really had $3000 in it...
HELL NO!!!

Mike, I know you're not about to walk away from $2500 in investments. Now is definitely the time to get pissed off. You've got to make the case that those parts are meant for that model year mustang and can't be placed on another car. Those parts were bought to enjoy on THAT car, not another! Don't take the first thing the insurance says as written in stone. You better believe if you had a supercharger on that ride, they'd be paying for all of it, not $500.

This is definitely the time to get angry. You don't have to tell them that you're considering a new mustang where those parts may or may not work. It is HER insurance company's responsibility to make you whole and YOUR insurance company's responsibility to fight for you and get reimbursed from the other company. What the hell do you pay them for?

If AIG can go under then get bailed out on American tax dollars then turn around and give bonuses to top execs, you better fight for $2500!!!

EDIT: I also do not suggest insurance fraud. You don't want to touch that ish.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:36 PM
Shelby350Mike
2nd Gear Member

Ok, PNYXPRESS, to begin, I am not the person to see a back doctor or whatever because my "back hurts" I got out unscathed. NOW, should I feel the slightest twinge or pain, I will definitely see a doctor.

Also, BigDin, I'm from Pa. I do not know exactly what the state laws are. However, I see what you are saying. I will bring that up when the time arises. However, I think mentioning a lawyer will not help because my insurance company has a specific thing called modification endorsement or something where they will cover the total amount of parts. But these are all good ideas. (Except faking an injury)
Old 06-26-2012, 10:35 PM
BlackGT45th
2nd Gear Member

Sorry about your car man. I know the feeling with my 02 Trans Am. Look on the bright side, you are alive and can get another car. Good luck with the insurance claims and what not.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:42 AM
eolson
3rd Gear Member

I agree, since you are not at fault, it is your insurance companies job to use it's power to get you what you had. Be very clear about that. She hit you out of nowhere and destroyed your car, and that's the protection you are promised by the system when paying the premiums. Get everything you can the way it was and put up a fight if you can. Erik
Old 06-27-2012, 05:57 AM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Shelby350Mike
Ok, PNYXPRESS, to begin, I am not the person to see a back doctor or whatever because my "back hurts" I got out unscathed. NOW, should I feel the slightest twinge or pain, I will definitely see a doctor.
Im not saying fake an injury. With a impact like that you will be sore several days later and if you wait too long you wont be able to blame the accident if the pain does arise. Im saying go see a doctorto get checked out just so its on record incase an injury does show itself later. Ive seen too many people that say they are fine just to find out too late they arent and then they are stuck with the medical bills.

Quick Reply: She died yesterday...