Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 07:55 PM
mmayes156

Default I need help!!!!

I have a 2012 mustang that has been in the shop 5 times in under a year and Ford can't seem to fix the problem. The service part of the company has been no help in the process so now its time for me to get my hands dirty and try to resovle the problem as I use the vehicle as my daily driver. The car basically cranks and won't start. They have replaced the throttle body chips...twice....the harness that the chips fit in once....and now the wire for the feul pump. Any ideas as I sit here waiting for it to break. Ohh they did send an engineer down to look at the car..he said it was the feul pump wires. I just don't trust it at this point. I wish I could show you all the adds but have not felt comfortable doing anything to the car as I'm afraid it will just be another excuse ford uses as a warranty killer. I know many of you are going to say go with the lemon and trust me I will, but now I need the car to break down 2 more times before I can do that (shame on me for not reading the fine print)!
Old 07-24-2012, 08:11 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Crank with no start can be a multitude of things but any Ford tech worth his pay should be able to troubleshoot and eliminate 90% of them. I feel for you, bro. That's a tough one. Keep us posted.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:19 PM
Art161
4th Gear Member

If I'm interpreting your post correctly, the car has been okay since the repair suggested by the Ford Motor Company engineer was made. I wouldn't advise doing anything yourself at this point.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:04 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Don't mess with the car on your own. Either Ford will fix it or you'll get out from under it via the lemon law.

If you go poking around in there on your own, you could really end up in a pickle. Pickles and lemons arent really meant to be good together, so just try to be patient and let them do what they need to do or until your out from under the car.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:25 AM
stephen1371
2nd Gear Member

Can always try another dealership as well, nothing saying you have to take it to that Tech center.