Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The BOSS is back!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 11:17 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

Default The BOSS is back!

Ok, so I know the title is pretty played out but I never thought I would get to say it. As my signature promised, I said I would be back and here it is. Just picked up my 2013 Boss in Gotta Have it Green. Pretty basic on the options, just the Reccaros and the diffs. Also the accessories pack but that doesnt relly make much diff does it.

My impression of the car is.... SICK. For those of you that dont know my I had a HEAVILY modified 2008 GT (630HP) with the frame stiffened and suspension done. Wonderful car, however I have to say going from that to this just feels different. Was my old car a little faster? Yes. Did it grip the road a little more? Yes. However this thing is SMOOTH. Dont get me wrong, it is still fast and handles great. Setting the steering wheel to sport mode makes the whole car feel different.

The sound..... Let me tell you, it sounded all right when I picked it up. The car only made it 120 miles on the odometer before my first mod.... Pulling out the restictor plates in the exhaust. Took 5 minutes after I spent about 4 hours detailing it. Fired it up and was like... ok, it a little louder. Then I went for a drive and just can not descibe it. The sound of downshifting and letting it engine break into a corner around 4k rpm falling to 2500..... amazing.

I made a deal with the wife and I intend to stick to it, about some things being paid off before I put mods on the car. I'm fine with that. We said that if I'm going with that much more expensive of a car, its going to be because of what it has done to it already. Its got a good suspension, breaks, forged internals, ported heads, sporty cams. Can you get better if you build it yourself? Yeah, but you know what, I am very satisfied and feel like I got a lot of mod ready parts for my money. I pretty much plan on dropping a supercharger on it and calling it a day.

Well I have taken enough of your time, here are the pics!

UPDATE:
Heres the new pics, really get to see the range of color depending on the light it hits.

Last edited by JDWalton; 08-13-2012 at 09:11 PM.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:33 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

The Boss is back...... did your wife have a good vacation?
Old 08-05-2012, 11:33 PM
markkk
2nd Gear Member

the sickest mother ******* car i have ever seen
Old 08-05-2012, 11:42 PM
Wes_T
1st Gear Member

That's awesome!! Congrats, love the Boss.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:59 PM
4LiterSonic
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by xkape
I see what you did there
Old 08-06-2012, 12:18 AM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

enjoy the hell out of it!
Old 08-06-2012, 12:30 AM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by xkape
Lol. Looks awesome JD.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:59 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Good to see JD. That car is badass
Old 08-06-2012, 06:56 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Congrats on such a sweet ride!

Some of the best pics of Gotta Have It Green that I've seen and yet it still doesnt do it justice how good looking that color is in person.

As for the Boss and how it feels compared to the 08GT, I can see what you mean. I'm sure there are a few folks who questioned when I traded my modded SC'd 2010 GT that was sick as hell for a very low miles 07GT500, but it's a different experience. The car really does feel different. If Ford could afford to do whatever magic they do on the Boss and GT500's suspension wise to the GT's at the same or slightly higher cost, Camaro wouldnt stand a frickin chance in the sales department.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:09 AM
MoshpitMad
3rd Gear Member

I love that color! Congrats.

Quick Reply: The BOSS is back!