Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Amps Fixed!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 05:54 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Default Amps Fixed!

Just an update. After 2 days tracing every wire going into the amp, I finally found my problem!

My REM wire was connected to the wrong wire. Apparently when I installed my backup camera, I accidentally reconnected it to a ground instead of the remote wire (they were different colors)

Now I can blast music all night long, and since I have no neighbors, I probably will.

Anyhow - just lettin you guys know
Old 09-12-2012, 09:48 PM
MnemonicGhost
1st Gear Member

woohoo!
Old 09-12-2012, 10:10 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

So what sound setup do you have running then? I spent some time dialing in the Pioneer x940bt and I gotta say, it's gettin pretty awesome.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:34 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wcgman
So what sound setup do you have running then? I spent some time dialing in the Pioneer x940bt and I gotta say, it's gettin pretty awesome.
Nothing nosebleed major

Twin 1000watt 12 inch subs, each with its own 1000 watt amp. I need to upgrade the amps eventually. Right now, without upgraded amps and door speakers, I can't run much more than 4/5th volume. Lets put it this way. For every 10 volume levels on my head unit, the volume roughly doubles. It goes up to 50. I can only run at 35 - which is still loud

BTW: New problem. Door speakers aren't coming on, and I'm getting major alternator whine from the subs. I'm thinking the door speakers may be just fuses, though. Checking tomorrow.

Last edited by Young_Gun; 09-12-2012 at 10:40 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:42 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Young_Gun
Nothing nosebleed major

Twin 1000watt 12 inch subs, each with its own 1000 watt amp. I need to upgrade the amps eventually. Right now, without upgraded amps and door speakers, I can't run much more than 4/5th volume. Lets put it this way. For every 10 volume levels on my head unit, the volume roughly doubles. It goes up to 50. I can only run at 35 - which is still loud

BTW: New problem. Door speakers aren't coming on, and I'm getting major alternator whine from the subs. I'm thinking the door speakers may be just fuses, though. Checking tomorrow.
man that sucks! hope you nail that down.

I turned mine up to 28 yesterday and felt like my ears were going to burst. I dont know how loud it will go but if it's much more than that, someone at Pioneer is just crazy :P
Old 09-13-2012, 10:47 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

I was wondering if you had figured it out.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:59 AM
whosniffedme
3rd Gear Member

Sorry to hear that you're having more problems :\

Can I ask you a question though? With all the bass do you ever notice parts of your car vibrating? Side mirrors, panels ext.? Because I have Shaker 500 speakers and the x940bt Pioneer and my driver side mirror vibrates. I was going to put my two 12'' Alpine Type S's in my stang but I was afraid the problem would worsen.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:05 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

Originally Posted by whosniffedme

Can I ask you a question though? With all the bass do you ever notice parts of your car vibrating? Side mirrors, panels ext.? Because I have Shaker 500 speakers and the x940bt Pioneer and my driver side mirror vibrates. I was going to put my two 12'' Alpine Type S's in my stang but I was afraid the problem would worsen.
that's when you just turn it up louder.

There is a fix for the drivers mirror I think. It's a common problem. I don't remember it off the top of my head but you can google it.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:58 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by whosniffedme

Yeah, vibrating to the point that I can't see clearly out of it - when I have the shakers working. I think its just because they're mounted on the door.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:34 PM
whosniffedme
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jeffk
that's when you just turn it up louder.

There is a fix for the drivers mirror I think. It's a common problem. I don't remember it off the top of my head but you can google it.
Yeah I think I saw it on Taco Bill's How-To's (best damn sticky ever). I figured they meant from engine vibration, but I suppose my speakers could be doing that too. I guess I should invest in Dynomat hahaha

Quick Reply: Amps Fixed!