Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i got rear ended! :,(

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 09:34 PM
HxCGuitars
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by TRexGAWD
Lulz.. I had to..
LOL

Glad everything worked out for you! I bet you'll love the CS bumper!
Old 09-20-2012, 10:33 PM
xomustangchick
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by baddog671
So would this crucify your car with a damaged title?
yes unfortunately
Old 09-21-2012, 01:16 PM
garbill2003

Wow that's not cool i would have been a bit angry. But I guess that's why we have insurance. Glad your ok
Old 09-21-2012, 04:40 PM
SkyWitit23
2nd Gear Member

So they are totaling your car out then? I would take the cash and buy another car if you don't owe money, if you do pay that ish off and get another stang! I wouldn't be happy with having a R title. Unless I'm completely wrong on this whole comment, when I see something done to a title I assume R or S title? ... Damn bro I'd be upset.
Old 09-22-2012, 03:27 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by SkyWitit23
........So they are totaling your car out then?......
Her car is being fixed...
Pass me some of that grass will ya!
Old 09-22-2012, 04:03 PM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

I think it's BS that someone can hit you and insurance will cover the cost, yet it still destroys your car's resale value becuase no one wants a damaged car.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:20 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by baddog671
I think it's BS that someone can hit you and insurance will cover the cost, yet it still destroys your car's resale value becuase no one wants a damaged car.
Some insurance companies will actually cover that difference of value.. I can't remember what it's called but it's like a degraded value something another.. USAA did it for my Nissan when someone hit it in a parking lot.. They covered the cost of repair and then paid more for the estimate value the car dropped. Meanwhile never raising my premium, I love USAA
Old 09-22-2012, 06:18 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Some insurance companies will actually cover that difference of value.. I can't remember what it's called but it's like a degraded value something another.. USAA did it for my Nissan when someone hit it in a parking lot.. They covered the cost of repair and then paid more for the estimate value the car dropped. Meanwhile never raising my premium, I love USAA
+1. State farm did it for me too when I had my mirrors knocked off by vandals. I think the car has to be pretty new to qualify for that though, because they didn't do it for my dad's old car. Although State Farm DID raise my premium about $30 because I was apparently parked in an "unsafe area". The only gated/patrolled lot on campus... Lol.

I hate having my car on campus.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:29 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by aaquib1992
+1. State farm did it for me too when I had my mirrors knocked off by vandals. I think the car has to be pretty new to qualify for that though, because they didn't do it for my dad's old car. Although State Farm DID raise my premium about $30 because I was apparently parked in an "unsafe area". The only gated/patrolled lot on campus... Lol.

I hate having my car on campus.
Serious? That's crazy that it was labeled unsafe.. Yeah I think it has to be newer as well, mine was only like 3 months old at the time, I was pretty mad about it. Walking to the parking lot and I see a jacked up fender and mirror with paint alongside, called the cops instantly. Repaire cost was around 2K I think and I thought for sure my premium was going to go up, but USAA took care of me. I was happy, only claim I've ever had in my life... well except for the Cobra :/
Old 09-22-2012, 06:38 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Serious? That's crazy that it was labeled unsafe.. Yeah I think it has to be newer as well, mine was only like 3 months old at the time, I was pretty mad about it. Walking to the parking lot and I see a jacked up fender and mirror with paint alongside, called the cops instantly. Repaire cost was around 2K I think and I thought for sure my premium was going to go up, but USAA took care of me. I was happy, only claim I've ever had in my life... well except for the Cobra :/
Yeah, they'll find any reason to jack up rates (at least that's how state farm, allstate, and progressive all treated me). Damn I'd be fuming if someone hit my car in a lot and caused 2K in damages. I think the premium has a little to do with your age and location, because they haven't raised my dad's premium even after HE hit a light pole in winter- then claimed all the repairs lol.

Quick Reply: i got rear ended! :,(