Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need opinion like always:P

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 07:06 PM
mighted1987
3rd Gear Member

Default need opinion like always:P

first question: some dude is selling a used pair of magna flow muffler, I have the stock muffler, my car is pretty loud, i did throw some pypes reasonator last week and damn did that cleaned all the farting I had, hes asking 150$ for them, which sound pretty cheap, would I see any significant exaust tone difference swapping stock to magnaflow muffler? or should I just calm down on modding...im running straight longtubes dynatech no cats headers with xpipe and stock gt muffler.

and at last, lets say I want to go drag for the last time of the year cause it getting cold over here, is it possible to remove only my exaust muffler to have a agressiv tone while dragging, guessing id be straight with zero restriction and very loud, that would just be fun, but would removing the muffler make the rest of the exaust sloppy and not tight? i dont really remember how it is done and it night over here, trying to figure out if that an option if it just plain stupid doing so, of course we wouldnt see the tips, but that would only be for a day drag racing, that could be a way to enjoy some agressiv sound and calm down my hunger of more sound from my car.

any opinions? thanks! we are all going to the drag saturday, cool temperature,
im not getting out of there without breaking my record and hitting finally the 12s range, im also waiting my 2.49 pulley kit, it in transit from Miami facility to canada, hope ill get them friday lol!

just listen a few second of the video, that how my car sound with current setup

Last edited by mighted1987; 09-25-2012 at 07:08 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:15 PM
nightwing0707
1st Gear Member

well i just added magnaflows like 2 weeks ago and i also have no cat but i still have the stock headers so idk if that makes a big difference in tone. but i must say that i love the way they sound there was a BIG difference in tone and loudness at wot. and for 150 that seems cheap to me.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:25 PM
mighted1987
3rd Gear Member

thx for telling, yah the problem is I think my long-tubes headers make the car very loud, i think all the agressiv sound im having from the car atm actually come from there lol, but im pretty sure it would be way louder with the magnaflow, crap im so tempted lol, but here we have a very strict laws, any noticeable change/modification to the viewable part of the car exaust (tips/muffler) make you a real cops magnet, you can run straight pip but having stock rear exaust tips and youd be fine, but if they see any brand on the tips like magnaflow or what ever that is not ''OEM'' 200$ tickets and 48 hours to go back stocks...kind of a gamble:P
Old 09-25-2012, 08:04 PM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

I added Magnaflow mufflers to my car when the rest of the exhaust was stock. I was unimpressed, to put it nicely.

Now have Pype's Pypebombs and love them. Although it'd probably be obnoxious with further exhaust mods.

Edit:
Oh, and btw, I ran my car with no exhaust and it idled like a diesel truck lol
Old 09-25-2012, 09:34 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

A lot of your sound is coming from the fact that you have no cats, but the better flowing headers do amplify that as well.

Letting the exhaust hang without mufflers (overaxle won't have the required support) will make the X-pipe to Overaxle possibly rattle out... The over axle I would think will also slam against the axle/panhard brace/etc too.

Of course who knows until you try it but I don't suggest it. If you're hungry for that straight pipe sound, you might want to consider doing some electric cutouts or something. Or there are plenty of muffler deletes (pypes, SLP) type axle backs.

I'm a little confused though because you said you are using pypes resonators, or are you? Was this an axle-back setup? I think using any of the aftermarket mufflers will help increase your exhaust note for the better over stock so if you're happy with the price then go for it. What I don't suggest is using resonators (welded in) and a muffler setup.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:34 PM
johngt10
2nd Gear Member

If you add some cats with the magnaflows it should be a comfortable but loud enough ride. Me personally I hate un catted full exhaust setups on mustangs. They are way too loudnd raspy and sound bad and annoying going down the road. Just an opinion though. Not everyone thinks that way. My fiance had magnaflows on her lt1 camaro. It was about as loud as the stock exhaust. Then I. Added lt's and a y-pipe and it sounded much better
Old 09-26-2012, 01:10 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

The magnaflows will be louder than stock GT mufflers for sure but it may sound great. I would love to try some magnaflows with my setup. Your video was very cool. We have similar driving habits........I love to hear those back tires scream! The wet pavement bursts...........no way can I do that. My car just spins outta control.

For $150 its worth a try but its gonna be louder with more gas pedal. Idle will be slightly louder and nice. When your gunning it you will be louder but the tone should be awesome. If I had a pair I could get locally for $150, I would buy in a instant.

The no muffler tip change law is bizarre dude!

Last edited by 808muscle; 09-26-2012 at 01:13 AM.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:22 AM
whosniffedme
3rd Gear Member

Magnaflow what? 40's?
Old 09-26-2012, 05:29 AM
mighted1987
3rd Gear Member

That video was before mycar was fixed it spin 5x more lol. And no i really dont want straight pipe on all time i really hate all the trumpeting n fart that i was getting for having no cats, im just seeking different exaust note, the reasonator pypes 80 really helped filter the bad noises. The no muffler idea was purely for experience on a drag day, id like to belouder on the track for better intimidation
Old 09-26-2012, 08:12 AM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by whosniffedme
Magnaflow what? 40's?
You're thinking of Flowmaster

Quick Reply: need opinion like always:P