Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dam you Sandy!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 12:27 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

I"m sure we have members here that lost a lot. Watching the news the damage is unbelieveable. They always talk about how bad a storm may cause damage......this time it really was as bad as forecasted and more.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:13 AM
Reinald

Well I came across the news of Land fall in NJ, it is really threatening for the people of NY and NJ. Well right now I am out of NY in Georgia with my family, but wishing good luck to all.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:15 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

I did have insurance when it happened to me. Didn't have to wait on the government to bail me out, which was a plus. Still, I hope no areas got it as bad as I did back in '05. I don't wish that **** on anybody.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:41 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by baddog671
SBJ?

Im only a few miles South of Bedford btw
Also Attn: OBXdude08

Sorry to hear about the dreaded water leak!

BTW, My Wife is from Beford, PA and went to Chestnut Ridge Highschool. I grew up in Johnstown, PA and met my Wife in Pittsburgh, while attending school.
We will be traveling to Bedford/Mannschoice/Johnstown area over Thanksgiving week and will be traveling through Cumberland, MD. =-)

GO STEELERS! I will get to meet Jonathan Dwyer once the season ends and he returns back to GA. My Co-worker and her Son are really good friends with him and she is going to have him stop by the office. =-)

Small world.....

Last edited by kevinmalec; 10-31-2012 at 10:51 AM.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:22 AM
obxdude018
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by kevinmalec
Also Attn: OBXdude08

Sorry to hear about the dreaded water leak!

BTW, My Wife is from Beford, PA and went to Chestnut Ridge Highschool. I grew up in Johnstown, PA and met my Wife in Pittsburgh, while attending school.
We will be traveling to Bedford/Mannschoice/Johnstown area over Thanksgiving week and will be traveling through Cumberland, MD. =-)

GO STEELERS! I will get to meet Jonathan Dwyer once the season ends and he returns back to GA. My Co-worker and her Son are really good friends with him and she is going to have him stop by the office. =-)

Small world.....
No kidding we despised ridge growing up and im sure it was mutual on their part. Definitely keep in touch with Dwyer as he is looking better every week and the job is his to lose. Took the gf to her first nfl game and she really liked it other than the rain. Sorry to get off topic OP, just a small world
Old 10-31-2012, 11:55 AM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

I think a Cumberland, MD to Altoona, PA cruise is in order! Cops don't sit on 96 North, you can fly
Old 10-31-2012, 05:52 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

If you heard it dripping, it's more likely the clogged grommets than it is the TSB issue from above the SJB.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:14 PM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
If you heard it dripping, it's more likely the clogged grommets than it is the TSB issue from above the SJB.
Thanks for the suggestion! I was going to do it after work but was too tired to mess with it and had stuff to attend to at home.

It felt like it was dripping from behind the glovebox, but it was also very dark.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:53 PM
aero86
2nd Gear Member

yeah, check your grommets. mine did that. it was funny, there were no debris in there, except mud in the grommets. the leaves that got in there rotted and when it rained or got wet, they collected there and formed a plug. on my v6, i could pull the grommets out without pulling the cowling off. course, best to pull the cowling off anyways to clean it out.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:51 AM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Good luck with this. I took mine to the Ford Dealership thinking they would know best. After damaging my steering wheel from removing the seats, replacing all the seals around my passenger door, charging me $600 + two days with a rental... I returned 6 more times with it still leaking every time it rained. They taped up and smeared tar all around the wires coming through the fender in from the door. Supposedly they also removed the fender and did something to all the joints, whether that was caulking or something to "seal" it, but all in all another reason why I will never entrust my car with Ford again after some serious jerry-rigging shoddy work.

Conclusion... still get a wet floor about every time it rains. Got a refund from the dealership and Ford washed their hands of it (to include crappy Ford Customer Service) saying that the dealer cannot replicate the issue.

Last edited by Menace; 11-01-2012 at 05:01 AM.

Quick Reply: Dam you Sandy!