Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing l/t headers (ebay) boost brothers

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 09:29 PM
2008saleen

Default Installing l/t headers (ebay) boost brothers

I could not resist the low price so I am giving them a try. I have a couple of questions for those that have done this. First, I noticed that on the drivers side cyl 2 3 and 4 the weld does not go all the way around the tubes where they meet the flange at the head on the top part of the tubes. It does on all the others. Is that normal? I contacted the seller but have not heard back . Its only been a few hours thus far. This is the first mod of several that I am planning to make to my 2008 Saleen s281. I have already started removal of all the stock manifolds and pipes. I already have the steering shaft and manifold out on the drivers side. On the passanger side I have unbolted the starter and moved it out of the way as well as the battery and box. I have all of the nuts to the manifold removed except for the front bottom one. cyl 5. I gave up tonight as I was getting flustered and losing my cool! Do i need to drop the ac compressor to get to this last nut? Is there a trick to it? It took me a while to figure out how to get that top starter bolt out! lol! Thanks for any tips.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:39 PM
2008saleen

correction. I meant to say drivers side cyl 6 , 7 and 8 dont have the weld all the way around on the outside. It looks like they could not due to the way the #5 pipe was run.
And the nut that I am having trouble getting to is the bottom of #1
Geez, sorry about that. I guess I am more tired than I thought. Thats what happens after laying under the car for a few hours. lol! Thanks again for any input.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:06 PM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

There's a review on this forum, guy bought Boost Brothers and seemed impressed. I think I searched for "header install" and ran acrossed it. Let us know how they turn out.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:09 PM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

Here you go:

https://mustangforums.com/forum/gt-s...rs-review.html
Old 11-07-2012, 03:17 AM
caaraa
2nd Gear Member

There's a review on this forum, guy bought Boost Brothers and seemed impressed.

Old 11-07-2012, 02:39 PM
2008saleen

Here is a quick update on the boost brothers headers. version x per the relentless performance ebay store. I went ahead and installed the rh. side thinking that if all was ok there worse case i would take the drivers side over and have the pipes in questions welded up. Well,.... the rh. side does not fit! It went in pretty easy sort of. After i got it all bolted up and re tightend all fo the bolts and studs several times I check the frame rail and floor area and all looked great! I was very pleased. Then I went to re install the motor mount and bracked and found that the header pipe is hitting the top of the motor mount bracket. It is not allowing the engine to sit completely down. Very frusterating as this is alot of work! I have contacted the seller twice and have not heard back yet. MY ADVICE TO ANYONE IS DO NOT BUY. THEY LOOK GOOD AND SEEM VERY WELL MADE BUT DO NOT FIT. THIS IS A PRETTY BIG PITA JOB TO DO ONLY TO FIND OUT THAT SOMETHING DOES NOT FIT. That is how it goes. THe truth holds still.... you get what you pay for.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:01 PM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

Another one biten by the eBay bargains!

Hope you get it resolved soon.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:49 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

You want cheap longtubes get Pypes, they at least fit. Installing longtubes is by far the most time consuming mod I have ever done on my car. Cams way easier, supercharger yes easier. Headers are a bitch. Hope you had a 13mm flexhead box wrench.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:56 PM
2008saleen

Default !

Thanks 808. yeah, I have the ratchet wrenches and plenty of other tools to do the job. I have done Long tube installs on Fox bodys. I have done engine swaps heads, cams, everything you can think of on the ole Fox stuff. Actuall the long tube install on my 08 would have been ok If the stuff I bought actually fit. I fooled around with it some more today. I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment. I tried to clearance the tube cyl 2 where it was hitting the top of the motor mount bracket. Beat the living crap out of it and put a nice big ole choking flow dent in the tube. Then re installed it again to find that it still did not fit. Then repeat procedure. Beat the thing some more with a bigger hammer and still not fit. Then attempt to shim the bracket that bolts to the block with washers to give me about an 1/4 inch lift on that side. Refit header bolt down and guess what? Still doesnt fit! I think i fell into that definition of insanity today expecting a different result! LOL! I will take your advice on some pypes long tubes. I found them with the x pipe for 650.0. Now I gotta figure out how to send these no fitting boost brothers back to relentless performance and hope to get my money back. Hopefully they willnot refuse becuase I dented up that tube attempting to clearance it.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:24 PM
obxdude018
3rd Gear Member

The pacesetter's I installed fit quite well, granted I did the driver's side when I did my engine swap, but I still had to do the passenger side. The most aggravating part was some of the bolts that hide behind the tubes. There was no way to torque those to the correct specs however the passenger side wasn't too bad at all.

Quick Reply: Installing l/t headers (ebay) boost brothers