Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of selling my two car's for a 2011 GT...I would like your opinions please.

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 06:51 AM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

I just traded my 2011 I can vouch for that transmission taking a beating.

You sir have a major decision to make, and I sympathize with you. I would just trade the stang, but keep the Grand National. Don't get me wrong I love me some ford... but a Buick RGN... wouldn't trade it for $1,000,000.00

But if I may suggest, go with a 2012 if you can. It has a few extras that really help separate the two cars. Plus you may find some left overs and walk away with one for under dealer cost.

I have had almost every model year Mustang in the S197 line up (no 08) and the 12(GT) was a great car, then I traded it for another 12(V6), then the 12(V6) for the 11 (GT), now the 11 for the 13(GT).

One of the first mods I always do is the exhaust system, except for the 2011 it was the last mod, finished it Friday and traded it on Saturday (11/25/12) I did beat the snot out of that car for the 24 hours I had it with the exhaust mods. I think I even heard the 5.0 say "please man... I got 60,000 miles on me take it easy."
Old 11-25-2012, 09:55 AM
Murder after Midnight

Originally Posted by Gary Ugarek
I just traded my 2011 I can vouch for that transmission taking a beating.

You sir have a major decision to make, and I sympathize with you. I would just trade the stang, but keep the Grand National. Don't get me wrong I love me some ford... but a Buick RGN... wouldn't trade it for $1,000,000.00

But if I may suggest, go with a 2012 if you can. It has a few extras that really help separate the two cars. Plus you may find some left overs and walk away with one for under dealer cost.

I have had almost every model year Mustang in the S197 line up (no 08) and the 12(GT) was a great car, then I traded it for another 12(V6), then the 12(V6) for the 11 (GT), now the 11 for the 13(GT).

One of the first mods I always do is the exhaust system, except for the 2011 it was the last mod, finished it Friday and traded it on Saturday (11/25/12) I did beat the snot out of that car for the 24 hours I had it with the exhaust mods. I think I even heard the 5.0 say "please man... I got 60,000 miles on me take it easy."
What are the main things that separate the two,between the 11 gt and the 12 gt
Old 11-25-2012, 12:17 PM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

You get the setting to adjust the feel of the steering in the 2012, not on the 2011. The headrests are adjustable on the 2012, not on the 2011.

Those are the biggest I can think of... I am sure there are some other minor tweaks, but otherwise those stand out the most.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:05 PM
acquah20
1st Gear Member

I wouldn't give up that grand national for anything amd you'll probably land up regretting it in a few years or so when they literally are non existent and they practically already are. That thing is gorgeous. The mustang on the other hand is pretty replaceable and nothing special and you could probably get some descent for it.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:33 PM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by acquah20
I wouldn't give up that grand national for anything amd you'll probably land up regretting it in a few years or so when they literally are non existent and they practically already are. That thing is gorgeous. The mustang on the other hand is pretty replaceable and nothing special and you could probably get some descent for it.
^^^^^^^^^ THIS

basically what i said... see two people telling ya keep the GN
Old 11-25-2012, 03:32 PM
mph07alloy
3rd Gear Member

^^^^^^^^^ THIS

3 people.....KEEP the GN that's a beauty.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:56 PM
Murder after Midnight

Originally Posted by acquah20
^^^^^^^^^ THIS

Originally Posted by mph07alloy
3 people.....KEEP the GN that's a beauty.
Yeah i hear you guys....yeah i would have to sell both to get the car, just selling the mustang would not be enough. I'm gonna to have to give it some thought......suprising to hear this on a ford board lol
Old 11-25-2012, 04:22 PM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

It may be a Ford Board, but that is a GN... grand Nationals are no joke, and when they stopped production and switched to FWD regals that was the end of Buick's Muscle car days.

Keep it.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:50 PM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

the GN will maintain value, if not, become more valuable.. the 11' stang will depreciate, a lot.. : )

it's all about what you want, and what you're willing to do with your money to make it happen, though!
Old 11-25-2012, 06:15 PM
Rokgtar
2nd Gear Member

The folks on this board are Mustang (and Ford) fans for sure, but they are not fools or hateful of other brands. That GN is a beaut, its probably already worth some good coin. It looks really clean... Is it show car mint? Could be one for a high end auction if it is... Or at least sell it on your own if you do get rid of it - don't let some dealer rape you for it...

Quick Reply: Thinking of selling my two car's for a 2011 GT...I would like your opinions please.