Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

getting very frustrated

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 05:51 PM
red3784
1st Gear Member

Default getting very frustrated

I ordered my 06 gt on june 7th...i called last week, and there still was no build date.. My salesman told me it would be here mid october..what do u guys think?
Old 09-30-2005, 05:57 PM
PullMeOverRed05
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: getting very frustrated

You need to start being a major pain in the a$$.. Phone calls and emails to Ford may help your situation
Old 09-30-2005, 05:57 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

Its all BS, i oredered in JULY i was still waiting, i cancelled the order, and i searched and searched and found what i wanted 2 1/2 hours away, but im picking it up tomorrow. i suggest u do the same. especially hear in the NE, good luck[:@]
Old 09-30-2005, 06:14 PM
06YellowGT

I ordered an '05 back in the middle of April. after the promised 12 weeks had elasped, I went to a different dealer. I put a deposit on a 2nd car, unsure of how this 2nd dealer could get a car quicker. End of August i got a call from the 2nd dealer, the car was scheduled to be built. Not sure how the 2nd dealer got the car faster then the first dealer who had a 12 week head start, but?????

If you're counting, that's 22 weeks from original order to final delivery. I live in Detroit, and purchased the car with a discount plan. I heard that the allocation of Mustangs was routed away from the Detroit area, because Ford makes more money on the vehicles sold without discount plans. Since the majority of discount plans are in metro Detroit, other areas of the country get a larger allotment of vehicles from the factory. (the orders are picked up by the factory sooner. (It's not first come, first serve)

The car arrived mid September, and I love it! I don't even think about the wait time anymore!!!

My advice? Look around, try different dealerships, you can always get your deposit back.
Old 09-30-2005, 06:24 PM
BTDstang
1st Gear Member

Is it a NorthEast order? Mine was ordered a full month before yours and up until last week it was still C/U, so even if it did get vin'd this month I would of had it in late Oct. IMO start shopping around on-line, check ebay (more and more 06's are popping up on there) call dealers that are maybe 500-800 miles away that might have something close to you order on the lot. Thats if you want the car now, because my guess is that you probably wont see anything until closer to December.

Thats what I did. Found one on-line, took a weekend to go get it. Now I have my car for a little while before the weather gets bad. Because if I got it anytime after November, the wait might as well be a full year since I wouldn't want to drive it much in the winter up here. And thats when it looked like it would have came.

But dont cancel your order until after you find one or even buy one somewhere else. The dealership should have no problem refunding your money (I got mine in less than a week) and they should totally understand why you want to cancel a 4 month C/U order. it just might get VIN'd while your looking elsewhere, you never know.
Old 09-30-2005, 06:28 PM
BTDstang
1st Gear Member

Right On! 06yellowGT & torch red. That seems like the only way to get a stang right now!
Old 09-30-2005, 06:37 PM
drmustang

ORIGINAL: torch red

Its all BS, i oredered in JULY i was still waiting, i cancelled the order, and i searched and searched and found what i wanted 2 1/2 hours away, but im picking it up tomorrow. i suggest u do the same. especially hear in the NE, good luck[:@]
Smart man. The car you want is out there. There are dealers in Florida that are getting overstocked on the GT's. One in particular has 19 06 GTs and 1 05 GT all looking for a home. They have 40 V6s. Tell any dealer who tries to work you with a line about these being tough to get to save his BS. It makes absolutely no difference what people paid for these cars 6mos. ago. Anyplace that has more than a few should be ready to do near invoice pricing.
Old 10-01-2005, 01:58 PM
Blackness
1st Gear Member

I ordered my 06 on 7/28..build date of 9/7 and getting it next week..I don't understand why the delay on the U.S.?
Old 10-01-2005, 03:13 PM
red3784
1st Gear Member

yea im on long island..i think im gunna look around online
Old 10-01-2005, 05:58 PM
gianf
2nd Gear Member

Get used to this as there seems to be no cure. There are anecdotal exceptions but, for the most part, Ford or the dealerships are failing miserably.

Steve

Quick Reply: getting very frustrated