Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rational advice please

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 08:33 PM
UberDuper
1st Gear Member

Skip the track pack unless you really like the wheels. And if you do like the wheels.. skip the track pack and I'll sell you mine.
Don't worry about the blower.. It's a 420hp car.
Get the appearance, interior and comfort options you want. Everything else can be done aftermarket.
I don't care for the recaros. I didn't make it out of the dealer lot in the one I tried to test drive before making them get me a non-recaro instead.

Just my thoughts if I could do it over again.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:36 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

It can be a fine date car, but don't be expectin' to get lucky in it. There's just not enough room to get it on in there easily. Then again, you have 4 kids so I guess where there's a will there's a way.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:39 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Having NA then going to FI was the best money I've spent on the car. I'd say financially u can afford then it's rational and if u can't then don't do it
Old 02-24-2013, 10:44 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by outceltj
Having NA then going to FI was the best money I've spent on the car. I'd say financially u can afford then it's rational and if u can't then don't do it
I agree with this. Having FI from the stealership directly like my Shelby is great, but there's a lot to be said for saving coin by adding effective FI on an NA ride.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:42 AM
xnuke1
1st Gear Member

Well my thinking is this. Roush package at dealer is 6k. If I drop the track pack, that is 2k savings. Hopefully 2k in rebates at the time I buy (this is the key go/no go). Which puts the blower at a net +2k over what I would originally pay with track and seats. Now if there are no rebates, then the FI is off the table. My friend here at work said he got an extra set of Boss wheels from MMP here in Utah for 500 bucks for the set. Maybe he knows someone. Cause that sounds like a smokin deal to me. I am very sure I don't want to have the stock wheels on the car. I want black wheels on either DIB or SGM colors.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:52 AM
beerman616
1st Gear Member

I got my car for similar reasons, a weekend/fun car. I have a work truck that gets me around everywhere I need to go during the week, but at nights and on the weekend I get to play in my car.

I didn't like the recaro's at all. Thankfully, there was a car on the lot that was basically what I wanted, GT premium, leather, nav, all the fancy buttons... I like buttons.

I plan on doing some kind of FI after a few more years. I don't want to mess with my warranty too bad, yet.

In your situation, I'd say try to go FI, forget the trackpack, enjoy.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:08 AM
MADSCOTSMAN
2nd Gear Member

I would be concerned about the track pack car's tires driving in the UT snow (if you plan to drive it in the winter?!?). Pretty sure they are not all season tires???
Old 02-27-2013, 06:25 AM
bgoose99
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MADSCOTSMAN
I would be concerned about the track pack car's tires driving in the UT snow (if you plan to drive it in the winter?!?). Pretty sure they are not all season tires???
Yeah, since you say you're pretty sure you want new wheels/tires anyway, you can always do what I did. Get the base model, then get the wheels and tires you want. When the weather is not cooperating and you're going to take the car out, you've got winter wheels and tires, instead of track pack wheels and tires that won't do you any good.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:40 AM
bgoose99
1st Gear Member

Oh, and DIB with black wheels looks awesome, IMO. But I'm biased.
https://mustangforums.com/forum/2010...some-pics.html
Old 02-27-2013, 08:19 AM
vixr
2nd Gear Member

I've been driving my 5.0 for a couple of months now, and its plenty powerful...if anything, I would go for a lowering kit and better tires. Traction seems to be my biggest issue...

Last edited by vixr; 02-27-2013 at 08:20 AM. Reason: added punctuation

Quick Reply: Rational advice please