Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Performance Package or Aftermarket Mods?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 02:47 PM
rogan999
1st Gear Member

Default Performance Package or Aftermarket Mods?

So, I picked up a 2007 GT about a year ago. I am now looking to throw some mods in it and I am finding that certain items do not match what I am expecting to see on the car.

Is there anyway to find out if the car came with any performance parts from the dealer?

I know it has a Ford Racing CAI, I think it is the "Bullitt Cold Air Intake by Ford Racing".

Also it seems that the exhaust is not standard in some way as the Tips are rolled, though the mufflers look stock.

I don't want to go duplicating anything, or if I am going to get a tuner I want to make sure I have the right mods listed.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:49 PM
E_cox310
2nd Gear Member

If you post pictures of everything you are looking at, we can give you some assistance.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:59 PM
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by E_cox310
If you post pictures of everything you are looking at, we can give you some assistance.
We need some bricks to build a house. Need to know exactly what intake you have. Has any exhaust work been done on it? Headers, x pipe, cat deletes, etc. Don't worry about the mufflers, that will not matter other than sound.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:10 AM
rogan999
1st Gear Member

That is the thing..

I don't know what has been done to it. I thought it was stock. But now that I am looking at mods I am noticing that things on the car don't match the stock.

I know when you purchase a car you can get performance add-ons from the factory. I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to look this information up.

When I was looking at exhausts I noticed that the stock tip is just a single walled pipe, where mine has a rolled tip. So that tells me something is not stock.

Once this snow melts, I will see if I can take a look under the car, maybe find some part numbers.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:34 AM
UrS4
4th Gear Member

You could run it to a ford dealer for an oil change and when it's on the lift take a look and ask the service guys, they should know what's stock.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:36 AM
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rogan999
That is the thing..

I don't know what has been done to it. I thought it was stock. But now that I am looking at mods I am noticing that things on the car don't match the stock.

I know when you purchase a car you can get performance add-ons from the factory. I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to look this information up.

When I was looking at exhausts I noticed that the stock tip is just a single walled pipe, where mine has a rolled tip. So that tells me something is not stock.

Once this snow melts, I will see if I can take a look under the car, maybe find some part numbers.
the performance add ons are normally only done by the dealer, not the factory IIRC. so unless you contact that dealer thats probably the only way you could find out for sure
Old 03-08-2013, 08:56 AM
rogan999
1st Gear Member

Yep.. Gonna have to do it for myself. Not a huge deal.

Thanks for your input..
Old 03-08-2013, 09:00 AM
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

That is the thing..

My exhaust came with rolled tips as well. I've since removed it and they are stock Ford parts.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:10 AM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Rolled exhaust tips were part of a appearance pkg from ford.

You got a hood scoop, 18" chrome bullitts, rolled exhaust tips, and plenum cover.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:57 AM
rogan999
1st Gear Member

PNYXPRESS - You are awesome!

That is exactly the information I needed. I have all of those items! So stock exhaust just has upgraded tips..

Cool - Great to know!

Quick Reply: Performance Package or Aftermarket Mods?