Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 10-20-2015, 11:45 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Wheels and Tires
Print Wikipost

2013 GT, no tire monitor system???

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 08:24 PM
Mach2
2nd Gear Member

Default 2013 GT, no tire monitor system???

Funny, I was going through the owners manual last night and didn't see anything about a tire pressure monitoring. I would have thought at least in the Information Display there would be a tire pressure monitoring system. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm............
Old 03-19-2013, 08:33 PM
rmurad38
1st Gear Member

Unless it changed for the 2013 year the TPMS wont be found in the information center, its just a small yellow indicator in the cluster, it should come on for just a moment when you start the car.

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.48863...h=154&c=7&rs=1

The TPMS is a mandatory safety feature, (since 2008?) you will have it.

Sorry for the link, don't know if I can embed pictures. if you don't want to follow it, the indicator sort of looks like this: (!)

Note, if you have aftermarket wheels and tire pressure sensors aren't installed, the indicator will always be lit

Last edited by rmurad38; 03-19-2013 at 08:36 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:47 PM
Mach2
2nd Gear Member

I was just thinkin as refined as the Mustangs are getting electronically, there would be a display in the information center with the current tire pressure for each tire. Even our 2012 Chevy Malibu has the four tire pressure readings in it's information center.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:58 PM
StangingAround
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mach2
I was just thinkin as refined as the Mustangs are getting electronically, there would be a display in the information center with the current tire pressure for each tire. Even our 2012 Chevy Malibu has the four tire pressure readings in it's information center.
You need the LCD cluster provided in the premium package for that although it doesn't tell you the exact pressure, just says ok (lame).
Old 03-19-2013, 09:29 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Yeah, the mustang needs a far more intelligent infotainment system in the car, and I'm not even a huge advocate for those types of things. Some things however, Ford could pick up the slack on. For example an HUD? that would be awesome. They could also do some work on the ford touch system that's in the rest of their line-up, to make it more responsive, and then port that over to the mustang as well.

One day, maybe the 2015s will have something sweet.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:32 PM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Originally Posted by pdonket
Yeah, the mustang needs a far more intelligent infotainment system in the car, and I'm not even a huge advocate for those types of things. Some things however, Ford could pick up the slack on. For example an HUD? that would be awesome. They could also do some work on the ford touch system that's in the rest of their line-up, to make it more responsive, and then port that over to the mustang as well.

For the love of God - YESSSSS! My Focus Titanium came with SYNC and My Ford Touch and that system SUCKS! I would never have spent the extra money for the Touch if I knew how bad it was.

Matthew
Old 03-20-2013, 07:39 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Funny, I was going through the owners manual last night and didn't see anything about a tire pressure monitoring. I would have thought at least in the Information Display there would be a tire pressure monitoring system. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm............
Originally Posted by StangingAround
You need the LCD cluster provided in the premium package for that although it doesn't tell you the exact pressure, just says ok (lame).
Originally Posted by pdonket
Hi guys,

Since this is a "muscle car", I think we expect you to use those muscles to check your tire pressure! LOL! Totally joking. I can see how that's a pain. I do recommend you submit your feedback at Ford Social since I'm sure many would agree. Have a good one!

Deysha
Old 03-20-2013, 12:58 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

I was just thinkin as refined as the Mustangs are getting electronically, there would be a display in the information center with the current tire pressure for each tire.
quit being lazy, check them yourself and be glad they didnt install one more electrical gadget that will go bad in five years causing a whole mess of problems.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:59 PM
Art161
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PNYXPRESS
quit being lazy, check them yourself and be glad they didnt install one more electrical gadget that will go bad in five years causing a whole mess of problems.
I sure have to agree that the more gadgets on the car, the more there is to go wrong. It's kind of a tradeoff. One time my TPMS light came on as I was pulling into a parking lot. I got out and looked at the tires. They all looked okay. Fortunately, I carry a tire pressure gauge in the car. The first two tires I checked were okay. The third was down to about 25 psi. The fourth was okay. Since I had the gauge, no big deal. Without the gauge, I would have been at a loss as to which tire was going down. I do routinely check the tire pressure monthly, but you never know when you're going to get a nail in a tire.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:18 PM
StangingAround
1st Gear Member

I used to hate on TPMS and was part of the check them yourself crowd. However, there is nothing you can do about a tire that is fast leaking in which you don't catch until it's too late (happened to me). This is usually avoided in a car equipped with TPMS because the dash light will come on when it drops below a certain pressure, providing you a chance to pull over and see what the problem is. Yes, the sensors can be pricey and a pain in the ***, but what's wrong with a little safety (especially when your hauling precious cargo around, my son in this case)?

Quick Reply: 2013 GT, no tire monitor system???