Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sirius Radio Problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 07:48 PM
John_688
1st Gear Member

Default Sirius Radio Problems

No problems with my Sirius radio reception for 14 months until last week. It started with the sound cutting out intermittently. After a few days of this , when starting the car, I was getting " No Signal" on my display. After a few more seconds , " Acquiring Satellite Signal " on the display. After a few more seconds, the radio would function correctly, but the sound would again start cutting out. While driving, the same would happen. I contacted Sirius and explained the problem. After some diagnostic checks on their part, I was advised that it is probably a hardware issue and to contact my dealer since the car is still under warranty . This confirmed my suspicions since , while I have this problem even parked in our driveway , my wife's Elantra functions well and our home satellite receiver also has no issues .
Has anyone had similar issues, and if so, how was it corrected ? I'd like as much info as possible before I bring it back to the dealer .

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:03 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

I was going to say something stupid like "Did you lower the car? You're now too far from the satellite" but I won't...

I think regardless of what info others may be able to provide, it sounds like a trip to the dealer. And, no, a CAI & tune won't void your warranty for a radio reception problem...
Old 06-03-2013, 09:59 PM
Jwood562
1st Gear Member

thats weird. Mine did something similar.

It would work fine, then I would go to change the channel and it would not change. but when it did finally change it would say "acquiring signal"

it was frustrating enough for me to call sirius and they did the whole sending new signals and everything. Did not work right away. They blamed it on the OEM radio saying it was either broken or needed some kind of update or new hardware form the dealer.

Parked it and went to work.

10 hours later it is fine and has been for the past month.

I do not know if it was an reset thing with sirius needing to send a new signal or the reset procedure they walked me through and it took a while to reset, but all is good now.

good luck
Old 06-04-2013, 11:47 AM
07GrabU
2nd Gear Member

It's a part in the trunk that needs to be replaced. cant think of the name of it but I had the same problem and the dealer had to order some damn computer module for the satellite sorry I'm drawing a blank but it will most likely need to be ordered and if your out of warranty it's not cheap either. Luckily I was and wouldn't have bothered because of the price to repair it.
Edit: I see you have a 2013 it may not be in the same place as my 07 but I would bet its what I horribly described to you lol

Last edited by 07GrabU; 06-04-2013 at 11:50 AM.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:53 AM
amyhughes
1st Gear Member

Mine has done the "no signal" thing a couple times. When it happens it's gone for perhaps half a day.

I find the thing just sounds bloody awful so I won't sign up when my trial subscription runs out. I'm a little bit irked that I have a wart on my trunk for a radio I hate.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:23 AM
John_688
1st Gear Member

I've got an appt. with the dealer next Thursday. I'll advise on the outcome.

Thanks to all for your input .
Old 06-05-2013, 02:29 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Most likely the antenna connection is loose at the stereo or antenna, or the cable got pinched.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:05 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by John_688
I've got an appt. with the dealer next Thursday. I'll advise on the outcome.

Thanks to all for your input .
Be sure you get back to me with your info, John_688.

Deysha
Old 06-14-2013, 12:32 PM
John_688
1st Gear Member

Picked up the car at noon. They changed the antenna . All seems to be back to normal.

Thanks again to all for your helpful input .
Old 02-27-2014, 09:48 PM
adrianp
1st Gear Member

How's it been working since the fix? I have a week old 2014 GT and the sound occasionally cuts out for like a second when playing from Sirius. I'm wondering if I also have a faulty antenna or connection.

Quick Reply: Sirius Radio Problems