MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   omg another noise (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/699357-omg-another-noise.html)

winkawak 09-05-2013 04:34 PM

Sorry for bringing up old thread but another frustration at the dealership. The intermittent loud metal squeal from passenger rear brake and loud squeak from front control arms(over speed bumps) drove me crazy. Decide to go in again, i know it would frustrate me again but had no choice. So dropped the car off at 8am, waited and waited so decided to call at 12. I mean how long does it take to get a car up and inspect. Spoke to the service manager, told me the rear brakes are fine, when i asked he said the tech visually inspected.................. when i dropped the car off i also told him the same wheel also had the wear indicator metal plate sticking out and sometimes wheel gets hotter than the rest. He disregarded all the info i gave him and told me the plate is not sticking out......rather its normal...........which its not. The damn thing sticks out like over grown finger nail.

So i complained and told him its unacceptable, i wanted a thorough inspection. He was unwilling to get the car up again when i asked, rather suggested next time when i come in. They did found the tsb for the control arms which is in back order. Next time when i come in is unknown, who knows how long before part comes in. Thought i can take it one last time before everything gets fixed, i really cant anymore. Ill let them do the control arms but im taking my rear brake else where. What piss me off even more is the damn paint on the caliper that they painted is coming off with slightest finger scratch(story in this thread).

miner999r 09-05-2013 08:42 PM

I get a loud squeal and moaning sound from the passenger seat - wait its my wife under heavy acceleration - dealer won't help

Sorry bad humour and couldn't help myself

after working in the mines, flying airplanes, motorcycles, fire arms and heavy equipt., loud noises, including being woken up birds signing are no longer an issue

winkawak 09-24-2013 10:33 AM

I went back to the dealer last week, squeal i had turn into screech and it was constant(not intermittent anymore). I demand again for them to look thoroughly and i was right again. The metal plate that was sticking out its broken and scraping on the inner rotor and something about caliper piston and e brake not aligned correctly. So the mechanice replace all rear rattle plate even the good side(driver rear) saying its old, new rotor for passenger rear and aligned the ebrake with piston. The worksmanship of these mechanic is beyond sloppy. Everytime when i get something fix another problem will rise in the same area. Now 4 days later i noticed my driver rear rotor gets hot while all other is cool. Yup this damn mechanic must not put something on right when he installed the rattle plates. Addition to that last night while i was in my drive way ready to go in the house, i engaged the e brake and suddently heard a loud bang some sort. Next thing i know when i press my brake while car is in park i get this very loud mechanical click sound from center console. Upon some looking around found its the brake shifter interlock but it was never this loud before nor i could feel it shake on the console before. Called their manager again and he wanted to me to come in right away, it will be my 6th time going in for the same brake job that they fail to do. Im at a point where i want to go in and drop F bombs on every ****ing mechanic(5) that has worked on my brakes and some more. This is so unacceptable, useless incompetent ****s.