Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Guy: Help With Future Order (GT500)

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 05:24 AM
stanglver

Default New Guy: Help With Future Order (GT500)

I am new guy here. Been in love with stangs all my life and am looking to order a new mustang next year. The information you guys have here is unreal and very helpful.

First of all I most likely wont be ordering till Fall 2006, but I really really want to get the new GT500. However I am willing to settle for a GT if I can add some things to it. So far I have the go-ahead from the boss(wife) just as long as nothing changes financially.
To be honest, this will be my first new car ever, along with first ever Mustang, so I am pretty new to all of this.

I have seen all the information on the GT500, but my biggest concern is how hard is it going to be to get one and is it truly going to be around 39k. I think if its much over 40k or I cannot even get one I will just go with ordering a 06-07 GT.

My question I guess is, how late can I wait to order one of these and how do I go about ordering one.

Also, if I decide to go with a GT instead, can you have non Ford options added by the dealer such as body kit, upgraded wheels, and even a Supercharger? Would be great to have all of this financed so I dont have to worry about trying to convince the boss I "need" these things later on.

Thanks very much for your help!
Old 10-14-2005, 04:36 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

Default RE: New Guy: Help With Future Order (GT500)

if you want all that just get a Roush or a Saleen, this way its all covered and financed, if you can afford it, go for it.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:18 AM
stanglver

So I guess you are saying thats hard to get a stock GT and have the dealer order aftermarket kits for it.
I have thought about the Roush, they are very nice, but I wonder if you are just paying for the Roush name. The Saleens are very cool cars but I dont really like the look of them very much, guess I am weird like that.

I am still very interested in getting a new Shelby, but doesnt look like any information as far as price on them will be out till December. If the price isnt marked up and I could actually get one for around 40k I would do it in a heartbeat.
Old 10-15-2005, 11:27 AM
GJP05
3rd Gear Member

You will find that it is very hard to oder one period let alone one for $40K. You can always get a GT then order the Roush or Saleen body kit. You can even order their S/C's. You can turn your GT into a clone and it can be done for much cheaper then buying a Roush or Saleen off the lot. As far as getting the dealer to put on aftermarket stuff, it depends on the dealer. Some won't do this no matter what you order from them.
Old 10-15-2005, 12:31 PM
stanglver

Well they have said that they will build as many as people order them, but who knows if thats true. I dont see us finding out till at least December.

However, if I cant get one I will be finding getting a GT convertible. I think the only thing that bothers me about the Roush is the exhaust, but I am sure that is something that could be changed.

I guess my main reason for wanting to add things to the GT is because I am not sure how much the wife would be willing to let me do things like that such as body kit, supercharger, and such after just spending 30-35k on a car. Who knows though, she is willing to let me get the GT500 if I can get it.
Old 10-15-2005, 12:51 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

My only question is why would you want to change the body style on the new GT500s, because they have an appearence that is all thier own. Now one option you can do is buy a GT, add on all of the bolt ons, change the interior if you like, and put on a GT500 body kit when they come out. Another real nice kit is located on cervinis.com, they have a throw back kit of the old GT500 for the new stang and its nice. Go check it out that's where I picked up my body kit. Oh by they way, you could do all of these upgrades, with a supercharger for less than getting the new GT500, tell your wife your just trying to save money, I'm sure she'll like the idea and the new car. Put this way, you do it like this and you will have your own version of a new mustang that has that I did it myself touch, but its up to you.
Old 10-15-2005, 01:07 PM
andyman
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GJP05

You will find that it is very hard to oder one period let alone one for $40K. You can always get a GT then order the Roush or Saleen body kit. You can even order their S/C's. You can turn your GT into a clone and it can be done for much cheaper then buying a Roush or Saleen off the lot. As far as getting the dealer to put on aftermarket stuff, it depends on the dealer. Some won't do this no matter what you order from them.
What supercharger comes on the Roush? I didn't know they had one
Old 10-15-2005, 01:22 PM
GJP05
3rd Gear Member

They have a roots style blower. It depends on the level of Roush that you buy, same as with the Saleen. You can buy the Roush S/C but it is not worth the money. I have the Saleen S/C and the power is well worth the money.
Old 10-15-2005, 02:56 PM
andyman
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GJP05

They have a roots style blower. It depends on the level of Roush that you buy, same as with the Saleen. You can buy the Roush S/C but it is not worth the money. I have the Saleen S/C and the power is well worth the money.
That is the one I am gunning for....as soon as I can afford it though.

Are you running the stock boost level, or did you up it a bit?
Old 10-15-2005, 03:10 PM
GJP05
3rd Gear Member

Upped it quite a bit. Once I get a new fuel pump, new tunes, and a new drive shaft I will be over the 500rwhp mark.

Quick Reply: New Guy: Help With Future Order (GT500)