Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

next mods?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 09:39 PM
2k232
2nd Gear Member

Default next mods?

My birthday is coming up (june 22.) and my fiance' is going let me buy some car parts lol...im trying to stay around 300ish...so what should I get?
Currently:
SCT Bama tuner/93 tune
JLT Intake
Muffler deletes
Strut and tower brace
Tinted windows
UPR 3.7 badges
GT500 pedals
Metal dead pedal
American muscle shift ****
Red hood spears

I was talking to my local tint shop about tinting my tails markers headlights for around 100ish...Thoughts?

Last edited by 2k232; 05-21-2014 at 09:56 AM.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:45 PM
adrianp
1st Gear Member

For me, Tinted windows is ALWAYS the first thing I get on any car.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:50 PM
2k232
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by adrianp
For me, Tinted windows is ALWAYS the first thing I get on any car.
yea it's all ready tinted...so dark that it's illegal was wanting to do the marker lights and tail lights and headlights
Old 05-21-2014, 12:51 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

CAI and tune
Old 05-21-2014, 01:12 AM
drewsky
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by outceltj
CAI and tune
He already has that..

I would up the budget to 600 if you can and do a driveshaft but first things first lower it!! These things are monster trucks without a little drop. About 1.5" in the rear and 1" in the front is the way they "should" look from the factory. Koni dampers and steeda springs is a good affordable setup. Make the car ride and look/appear far better!
Old 05-21-2014, 08:32 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Hey,

It looks like a nice build coming along here, I really like your tastes in mods, it is quite a stylish sixxer, how do you like the tunes?

As mentioned, springs would really take this ride to the next level. It would give the car a much more aggressive look, and it would give the car new life in the corners. It will certainly make the car much more fun to drive, and I know you wont be disappointed if you went this route.

Also, in this budget you could do several exterior mods such as side scoops or louvers as well. These are always popular choices, and they would also give this ride a new look for sure.

I hope this helps!

-Dan
Old 05-21-2014, 08:38 AM
adrianp
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2k232
yea it's all ready tinted...so dark that it's illegal was wanting to do the marker lights and tail lights and headlights
oh lol, sorry, guess I was more tired than I realized. I read that as a list of choices haha.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:44 AM
Shampue
3rd Gear Member

You can't go wrong with white gauges if you don't already have them. They make a tremendous difference is visibility.

Also, with your color car, a cheap appearance change would be to paint your brake calipers. Can't go wrong with red
Old 05-21-2014, 09:52 AM
2k232
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer
Hey,

It looks like a nice build coming along here, I really like your tastes in mods, it is quite a stylish sixxer, how do you like the tunes?

As mentioned, springs would really take this ride to the next level. It would give the car a much more aggressive look, and it would give the car new life in the corners. It will certainly make the car much more fun to drive, and I know you wont be disappointed if you went this route.

Also, in this budget you could do several exterior mods such as side scoops or louvers as well. These are always popular choices, and they would also give this ride a new look for sure.

I hope this helps!

-Dan
The tunes are awesome honestly I really can't complain. My only gripe is there is no ghost can tune for the 3.7!!! (Purtty please?)
Old 05-21-2014, 10:06 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 2k232
The tunes are awesome honestly I really can't complain. My only gripe is there is no ghost can tune for the 3.7!!! (Purtty please?)
Glad to hear they are working out for you, the 3.7s really respond well to our tunes. Keep posted, there are some big things coming down the pike and I would not be surprised to see a ghost cam tune in the near future.

As always if you need anything or have any questions in the mean time feel free to be in touch.

-Dan

Quick Reply: next mods?