Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cali special side scoops?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 08:41 AM
RenGen
Banned

Default cali special side scoops?

I feel like the side of my stang looks super plain and want to do something to it. Not a fan of quarter window louvers but was looking at side scoops like the one on the GT/CS. I'm really not sure how I feel about them but when I compare before and after the care does seem a little naked without them.

I want to keep a clean and conservative look, so was wondering if this would be a good touch or not.

here's my car, do you think the CS side scoops would be a good addition?

Old 11-09-2014, 09:55 AM
Rudolph Hucker
4th Gear Member

nope will look silly.
dude ya car looks fine..like anything in life you get tired of it..same with chicks aint it?
at first you think wow i've hit the jackpot here she is HOT.
soon wears off lol...i had the same colour as you and felt the same..i changed car to me 2010 but after a year i think the same..but hey you know what? it's awesome...dude your looks great.leave it alone
Old 11-09-2014, 10:15 AM
RenGen
Banned

Originally Posted by Rudolph Hucker
nope will look silly.
dude ya car looks fine..like anything in life you get tired of it..same with chicks aint it?
at first you think wow i've hit the jackpot here she is HOT.
soon wears off lol...i had the same colour as you and felt the same..i changed car to me 2010 but after a year i think the same..but hey you know what? it's awesome...dude your looks great.leave it alone
yeah you are 100% right about that, almost everything in life. When I first bought this car it was pure stock and I thought it was perfect, but then slowly changing things 1 at a time lol. Looking again now with a fresh mind I agree I don't think the side scoops would be good for me. I'll leave it alone for now and maybe look at a black modern billett grill (with foglight and running pony delete) with tribar pony in the middle, I think that would look pretty sweet ya? Or I could go simple and tint the fog lights, thats kind of a nice look.

i used to think the smoked fog lights look would make it look like a v6, but you can definitely tell they are there and its a pretty sweet touch

Last edited by RenGen; 11-09-2014 at 10:28 AM.
Old 11-09-2014, 11:27 AM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Side scoops won't look silly. If you get a cs style scoop. I have them on mine and think they complete the look especially since mine came with the hoodscoop factory installed.

I got mine from rpidesign prepainted and they attach with double sides tape only so I can remove them if I ever wanted too.
Old 11-09-2014, 05:06 PM
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

If you're like me the train of thought will go like this:

"Man, this sides look plain, I should add something."

*Buys side scoops and puts them on...and then a few months later...

"I don't know, they look kind of stuck on there. I don't really like them any more."

*Removes side scoop after realizing cleaner is better.

Take it from someone who went through an appearance phase...I'm returning a bunch of my stuff to OEM Ford parts. Stop thinking about it and drive the damn thing.
Old 11-09-2014, 07:13 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

I don't like the side scoops if you don't have any of the other non-functioning scoops attached. They look sort of out of place to me on their own.
Old 11-12-2014, 12:21 PM
Trigga415

IMO I'd go with the MMD side scoops over the CS ones. In art terms, they're a little more dynamic in design while the CS ones are very static.
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Trigga415; 11-12-2014 at 12:43 PM.
Old 11-12-2014, 06:19 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

The mmd ones look very similar to the gt/cs factory scoops in style.
Old 11-12-2014, 06:30 PM
yourmom6990
4th Gear Member

The MMD style are a bit more aggressive where as the CS remind me of the new edges. Personally, I like either of the side scoops on the 05-10 S197s. It flows better with the squared off body lines. The 11-14s look funky with side scoops because the body lines are different and more rounded. Just my opinion though.
Old 11-15-2014, 08:25 PM
SteveDwsn
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by CMcNam
If you're like me the train of thought will go like this:

"Man, this sides look plain, I should add something."

*Buys side scoops and puts them on...and then a few months later...

"I don't know, they look kind of stuck on there. I don't really like them any more."

*Removes side scoop after realizing cleaner is better.

Take it from someone who went through an appearance phase...I'm returning a bunch of my stuff to OEM Ford parts. Stop thinking about it and drive the damn thing.
What he said. I thought about both side and hood scoops when I bought mine. If they were functional it would be one thing, but I do most of my driving on the freeway and see them as MPG sucking accessories.

Quick Reply: cali special side scoops?