Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fukked up

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 08:36 PM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

Default fukked up

well finally the wait was over, my gt came in. my boss heard, told me to stop- had a buddy drive me down to the dealership in the shop truck-and we were busy- he wanted to see it too. pull in, there it sits...Finally!!!
then the bad news- idiot driver smashed it in the hauler, dealer dont want to repair- would rather send back/reorder.

this sucks. Compared to seeing the wife thru her cancer treatments, or our newborn thru 3 open heart surgeries, this doesnt really suck as bad as it might to someone who never had the good fortune of realizing whats truly important, but this sucks. concept/engineering/elbow grease, this mustang was the first new car I ever felt good about spending the asking price for- even at sticker. the a$$holes that set up fords allocation methodology ought to be publicly castrated for all the greif theyve caused buyers, fords customer service is about the most pathetically useless thing Ive ever seen, and from what I saw today, the dealer support is even worse.
guy fukks up a 26 thousand dollar car, wont even say 'sorry' acted like he was bored waiting around for all the paperwork. his company says if I buy the car, they are off the hook for any damages. Ford says they *should* cover the 2500 dollar repair estimate, but refuses to put in writing. I cant even take a test drive EVEN IF I agreed to take it repaired, as they cannot 'recieve' the car until all claims settled/repairs completed. thus dealer just wants to return it. I WILL be writing some scowling letter to the shipper, and WILL be posting some names/addresses- perhaps some of you other waiters can fire off some 'dont let this fool near my car' letters too. from his could care less attitude, I'd say it wasnt the first time hes shattered someones dreams.

fixed- broken link to pic:
http://publish.hometown.aol.com/time...7102%20083.jpg
Old 10-18-2005, 09:23 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Default RE: fukked up

Ho-ly Crap that's depressing. Your entire story is depressing..

I'm so sorry that you've had nothing but bad luck... if I were religious, I'd pray for you.

Did you put the $500 down to order the car? I'd get far far away from that mustang. When I buy a new car, I want it perfect. I'd just go to a different dealership.. I mean, I did when I first ordered my mustang.

Hope you get your stang some day man.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:17 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

OH WOW I know you been waiting awhile sorry to hear that., if it was me theres no way I would take it I would just have them order another one. I would look at like this winter coming, if it takes 3 months there will be a chance more TSB will be fixed plus things you don't know about. The 64w wheels look pretty sweet while waiting for your new order and they come and ya see them/like change order

My car should be in any day but having second toughts still to reorder was willing to lose my $500..00 deposit but dealer no problem will apply if I change my mind.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:04 AM
jthorn9
The Godfather

Well dude I'd try to get a refund and go somewheres else and buy buy a new 06 or an 05. There is no real difference between the two other than the 06 comes in a few more packages, but same performance and basic looks. Don't let this dealership capitalize on your investment. If you don't want to change, call ford and do a female dog talk, they'll be ready to give you a new car just to shut you up, hell you might even get a little added bonus just for the hassel, but you won't get anything if you don't call, and by call I mean at least two times a day until they fix the problem.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:18 AM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

Do not accept that car . You will always see something you don't like about the repair job. The body shops at dealerships do not do near the quality of work as another outside body shop might.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:12 AM
smoker40

ford is the pits as far as service.have a new v6 had the dampner replaced 3 times because of vibration.brought it to the pro shop and they put in a borla catback mufler,problem solved.to much back presure with stock mufler.im sure ford knows this but dont care[>:]
Old 10-19-2005, 11:15 AM
stang9325
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, if I were you I wouldn't accept that vehicle. I remember reading in many places that in situations like these the dealership can get the regional manager to accept a priority 1 status to build a new car. From what I've heard this happens a couple times a year (whether it's an accident like this or the car was built with the wrong options,etc) and you should be able to get your new car in no time at all. Check it out and let us know.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:12 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Have the Shipper rent you a mustang to drive while you wait for the replacement car to arrive.

After all.. it is not YOUR fault you now have a delay in receivership.. it is THEIR Fault!
Old 10-19-2005, 07:47 PM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jthorn9

Well dude I'd try to get a refund and go somewheres else and buy buy a new 06 or an 05. There is no real difference between the two other than the 06 comes in a few more packages, but same performance and basic looks. Don't let this dealership capitalize on your investment. If you don't want to change, call ford and do a female dog talk, they'll be ready to give you a new car just to shut you up, hell you might even get a little added bonus just for the hassel, but you won't get anything if you don't call, and by call I mean at least two times a day until they fix the problem.
this is an 06...even got a priority one on it to boot, just in time to enjoy a bit of fall before storage.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:26 PM
Gloves
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SPARTAN VI

Ho-ly Crap that's depressing. Your entire story is depressing..
That's exactly what I was going to say.

Keep that photo & story for your Mustang scrap book.