Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ok..weird problem here

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 11:24 PM
hybridmoments
2nd Gear Member

Default ok..weird problem here

I'm having a really strange problem with the car and it seems to be from the exhaust...when i have the slp loudmouths on everything runs just fine..well my wife decided she did not like the slp's so we bought some JBA's. when the jba's are on the car it seems to hesitate periodically esp after coming to a complete stop and the craziest thing thats going on is when i drive over a bump or rough part of the road the ABS and check traction lights come on and stay on until the car is turned off. I have changed the exhaust out four times at 2 week intervals for each exhaust system and these problems only occur with the JBA's..if anyone has any idea whats going on here it would be greatly appreciated...thanks!
Old 10-18-2005, 11:52 PM
ECR5.0
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: ok..weird problem here

when you swap over exhaust do u reset the computer by disconnecting the battery?
Old 10-18-2005, 11:57 PM
hybridmoments
2nd Gear Member

no i never did...but i will try it, thanks!
Old 10-19-2005, 12:02 AM
ECR5.0
2nd Gear Member

ya try it and see what happens...i was talking to someone before about after market parts and he told me that he disconnects the battery after every mod to restart the computer and have it reconize the new part it self.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:09 AM
GJP05
3rd Gear Member

Shouldn't have to with just an axle back swap. Did you check the muffler can for leaks? Do you have a tuner that reads codes? If not find someone with a tuner to read the code for you.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:19 AM
Steven6095
3rd Gear Member

Yep try the computer trick.

My V6 went nuts on its new Borla until I reset the computer.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:33 AM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

I'd be taking a close look at the abs wiring to the rear axle- perhaps a plug bumped during install, or wire rubbing...wifes windstar had loose front abs sensor and almost caused me a wreck- 20 mph slowing down on bumpy road, sensor musta shook loose thinking it was skidding abs pump comes on, car barely slowing down, almost hit car in front of me. if its acting up, disable it just in case before driving. if its active and flips out when you need to stop and it thinks its skidding, better hope you got extra room.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:45 AM
hybridmoments
2nd Gear Member

well i tried the battery disconnect with no luck...the JBA's are on right now and the ABS and trac control lights stay on..i just removed the CAI and re-flashed the computer to the stock program...still have the problem
Old 10-19-2005, 12:47 AM
hybridmoments
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ford4v429

I'd be taking a close look at the abs wiring to the rear axle- perhaps a plug bumped during install, or wire rubbing...wifes windstar had loose front abs sensor and almost caused me a wreck- 20 mph slowing down on bumpy road, sensor musta shook loose thinking it was skidding abs pump comes on, car barely slowing down, almost hit car in front of me. if its acting up, disable it just in case before driving. if its active and flips out when you need to stop and it thinks its skidding, better hope you got extra room.
sounds like a reasonable explanation but why only with the JBA's and not the SLP's
Old 10-19-2005, 12:57 AM
GJP05
3rd Gear Member

SLP's take up less room then the JBA's. Maybe the can of the JBA's is pushing agianst something.

Quick Reply: ok..weird problem here