Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Sync Update: About time...

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 12:05 PM
dseg
1st Gear Member

Default Ford Sync Update: About time...

So you know when you get in your car and sync will default to Sync Line-In when you were connected to your Bluetooth/iPhone listening to Pandora or music last? Then you need to tell Sync Bluetooth or or select the option manually every time you get in your car.

Well Ford finally released an update that will default to Bluetooth and start playing whatever you had set last.

I have a 2014 GT/CS and this was such a pain in the butt. I've been checking every couple of months for Sync updates and Ford finally released an update a few weeks ago because all I found were forums complaining about this.

Just thought I should let everyone know.

I updated my Sync yesterday and it is SOO much better.
It also displays song/artist titles on the display now. Mine previously did not do that (I think mine was dated version).
Old 06-01-2015, 05:43 PM
Mobiusone stang
2nd Gear Member

How does one go about doing this?
Old 06-01-2015, 08:50 PM
Epona
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mobiusone stang
How does one go about doing this?
Log into your Ford owner's account owner.ford.com, if you have an update for Sync it should say it. I just finished doing the update for mine, it's pretty nice. Shows song titles and such for bluetooth, texting with sync actually works for my phone now.

You'll need an empty USB to do it, takes a few minutes to update once you plug it into the car, so expect to sit there for a bit
Old 06-01-2015, 10:39 PM
Lethaldosage423
4th Gear Member

thanks for posting! i too have been waiting for an update. the bluetooth audio thing drives me crazy every time i get in the car.
sync, please say a command
blue tooth audio
i didn't understand you. you can say line in, usb, bluetoothaudio
bluetooth audio
did you say bluetooth audio
yes!

omg..every time
Old 06-02-2015, 08:51 AM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Hi everyone!

I'm just jumping in with a little more info. Make sure your USB is at least 2GB and formatted to FAT32. Download the update to your desktop and then unzip it. If you add the zip file to your USB, SYNC will give you an error. If the in-vehicle install doesn't automatically start, you can manually start it by pressing the following:

PHONE > Scroll to SYSTEM SETTINGS > OK > Scroll to ADVANCED > OK > Scroll to INSTALL APPS > OK

As always, if you're having any issues, please don't hesitate to send me a PM with the details and your VIN.

Rebecca
Old 06-02-2015, 11:30 AM
eagle42101

Thanks for this post! I downloaded mine a few minutes ago. I thought I was the only one suffering with this!
Old 06-02-2015, 05:58 PM
Mobiusone stang
2nd Gear Member

The only thing that would prevent me from doing this would be i'd be worried i'd screw it up and couldnt go back. Is there some sort of failsafe to revert to the old sync if i do end up screwing the pooch?
Old 06-02-2015, 09:55 PM
Epona
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mobiusone stang
The only thing that would prevent me from doing this would be i'd be worried i'd screw it up and couldnt go back. Is there some sort of failsafe to revert to the old sync if i do end up screwing the pooch?
No idea on the fail safe, but you'll be fine doing it yourself. Download a file. Unzip it and put the files in it on a blank USB, stick USB in car, scroll through some menus until "Install Application?" pops up and hit OK. Then you wait.

Only thing I'll add is, that I have the Raxiom Touchscreen Navigation installed, and it would let me get to the Settings > Install Application? through the USB input menu (no idea if you can get here normally), but it would fail when trying that. Had to select PHONE menu, then scroll through those settings to find "Install Application?" and it worked.
Old 06-02-2015, 10:22 PM
eagle42101

I believe any dealership can download this update for you however I would bet there would be some cost involved if they did it. Its pretty straight forward and easy. I did have to go out to the car about 7 times because I didnt read all the instructions before I started. Still got it done!
Old 06-03-2015, 12:55 AM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

Ah, thanks for the thread. I had not received word yet - I thought owner.ford.com was supposed to sent an automatic e-mail when updates were available. Anyways, the whole line-in thing was obnoxious so I'll definitely update this on my Mustangs this week.

For those of you that are scared - put on your big girl panties. This is pretty idiot proof as long as you follow the instructions provided. It's no different from installing updates on your computer.

Quick Reply: Ford Sync Update: About time...