Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What made you want your mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 07:26 PM
AceOfRaven

Smile What made you want your mustang?

For me it was the stick shift and the low mileage. Took me forever to find my model with a stick shift that hadn't already been taken within the hour. I know there are a lot of other good reasons out there, what are some of yours?
Old 08-08-2016, 08:54 PM
Tallica4life81
2nd Gear Member

Honestly I have no idea other than the fact I always dreamed of owning a muscle car literally many dreams as a kid but it was usually a Camaro but here I am 26 and own my dream car but it's a mustang and a v6 but couldnt be happier!
Old 08-09-2016, 04:47 AM
AceOfRaven

Awesome! Nothing wrong with a sixer. They still look good!
Old 08-09-2016, 06:07 AM
Dino Dino Bambino
4th Gear Member

In my case it was the retro styling, color, chrome Bullitt wheels, stick shift, and that all-singing all-dancing V8.
My previous Mustang was a '95 GT that I owned for 6-1/2 years and modded extensively, but it was the only automatic that I'd ever owned and with just four widely spaced ratios, it wasn't as much fun to drive as I wanted it to be.
The current 2006 GT checks nearly all the boxes for me. Just need to add a pair of GT500 axlebacks for a more aggressive sound.
Old 08-09-2016, 08:07 AM
rven448

I have always had trucks and jeeps. I just recently ( 5months ) picked up my first car a 2000 mustang 3.8l that needed work. Well the mustang bug hit me and picked up a 2012 GT premium almost two weeks ago. Added bonus the wife really loves the GT.
Old 08-09-2016, 08:19 AM
Rocket Ray
2nd Gear Member

The retro styling of the 05-09 S197 is what sold me. I had a 66 in high school and loved that car, but truthfully, cars back then weren't very good. The thing rusted away in front of my eyes. Fast forward many years, the new retro mustang came out at a very good time for me, my youngest child was just getting out of college, and Daddy wanted a Mustang bad. So I got the color I wanted, and am very happy with it. I would love to drive one of those 60s cars now just to see how much the handling has improved, and someday I may get the chance. I would love to have a new GT350, but I will content myself with what I have, which is not bad.
Old 08-09-2016, 09:58 AM
ghunt
3rd Gear Member

Well, I 've always been a Ford guy and somehow I got into Mustangs in high school (even though I really didn't even know anyone that had one, I'd just seen them around). I had a '90 2.3L LX, and later a Turbo Coupe, but I was really itching for a V8- I just couldn't afford one, or the gas, while I was in college.

It took me until 2011 when I was 30, but I finally put aside a little money and decided to go car shopping. I was initially looking at New Edge cars, but I found out I could get an '05-06 for only a little bit more and I knew they had the upgraded chassis and 3V, plus I wanted the better interior and loved the retro exterior styling. Took me months of searching but I found this car in Cleveland, the price was right, the mileage was right, and it was a stick. This color was honestly not my first choice but it has really grown on me and I like it a lot now.
Old 08-09-2016, 10:57 AM
harleycharlie

I've had the bug for a long time, but was spending all my money and time riding motorcycles. Finally sold one of my bikes and decided to go look at the new 2015's, Thought they were stunning, and turns out so was the price!! So I decided to look at used ones, and found the '14 that I have. I had certain things I had to have, V8, auto, and what else came with that. But I did not want a black one!! that was a for sure!! found this BLACK GT which had low miles and it was a CPO car at a good price, Been smiling ever since.
Old 08-11-2016, 09:53 AM
movielover40
4th Gear Member

I was really not that impressed with Mustangs till the 2005 model came out and I knew I had to have one. Retro styling with modern conveniences.

Still drive the car daily.
Old 08-12-2016, 02:38 AM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

Bought it new in 2008, my prior car was a 4 cylinder. I got the Mustang GT because of the power, I think they were advertising a 4.9 second 0-60, the styling, in 2008 everything else pretty much looked blah and the same, and the pricing.
Other cars considered were pontiac GTO, but there were very few still on the lots and they wanted about $10K more, Pontiac solstice, low on power and wanted too much, Audi TT also low on power. Nissan 370Z, styling just wasn't there.
I had no idea what I was setting myself up for with such a great base for modding, but I did leave it stock for nearly 2 years...

Quick Reply: What made you want your mustang?