Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Seat Switch

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2016, 10:42 PM
RetiredGeneral
2nd Gear Member

Default Power Seat Switch

So the power seat in my 2005 Mustang won't move forward. All other directions work fine. I pulled the seat out of the car in hopes of finding the issue. There were a lot of other posts for things to check, but I didn't find what I need...

When I pulled the seat out, I disconnected the connector that goes to the little motors. Then I ran 12v directly to the pin for the front/back motor, and it works fine in both directions. Then, when I hook it all back up, it still doesn't work. I'm thinking it's the switch, but I'd rather not spend $100+ on a guess. Any thoughts? I pulled the switch, and I opened it up, and I tried testing the resistance between the pins, but I couldn't find anything obviously wrong...

Any help would be much appreciated.

Rick
Old 12-26-2016, 04:07 PM
RetiredGeneral
2nd Gear Member

Looks like this is a common issue (at least common enough that others are having it and posting it around the internet). One of the three little micro switches inside the seat switch went bad. It is most common to the switch that moves the seat forward. Anyway, $120 for a new switch, and 1/2 hour of time and I had it swapped out. Works like new.
Old 12-28-2016, 12:33 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Thanks for posting the solution. It will help someone down the line with a similar problem/doubt.