Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

05 Mustang - Squeak only when accelerating!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 07:00 PM
TR1CELL

Default 05 Mustang - Squeak only when accelerating!

I have an 05 Mustang, If I'm on the accelerator a tad no squeak If I give it more gas the squeak is there, if i give it even more gas the squeak goes away.

Its the most annoying thing ever! I'm thinking its the brakes (rotors). Below is a picture of my right left rotor and a noticeable upwards ridge. I noticed as well when I brake really hard my steering shakes. I'm thinking my rotors are shot and I'm in need of a brake job!

Any help is much appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails 05 Mustang - Squeak only when accelerating!-075179b9efc73c99fafdcb37e3911ed5.png  
Old 10-19-2017, 07:01 PM
TR1CELL

Old 10-19-2017, 07:42 PM
JimC

You are probably hearing the alerts that tell you your pads are done - there is a metal tab that connects with the rotor. And looking at that rotor it looks to me like it is well beyond the point of replacement - at least from the picture, which is hard to diagnose as opposed to "live"
Old 10-19-2017, 09:07 PM
TR1CELL

Originally Posted by JimC
You are probably hearing the alerts that tell you your pads are done - there is a metal tab that connects with the rotor. And looking at that rotor it looks to me like it is well beyond the point of replacement - at least from the picture, which is hard to diagnose as opposed to "live"
I was thinking the same thing. Thanks!
Old 10-20-2017, 01:27 AM
Dino Dino Bambino
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TR1CELL
Below is a picture of my right left rotor and a noticeable upwards ridge. I noticed as well when I brake really hard my steering shakes. I'm thinking my rotors are shot and I'm in need of a brake job!
​​​​​​
And you'd be correct. Those rotors are done so you'd do well to upgrade rotors and pads. You could also upgrade to braided steel lines and paint the calipers.
Old 10-20-2017, 02:16 AM
TR1CELL

Wink

Originally Posted by Dino Dino Bambino
​​​​​​
And you'd be correct. Those rotors are done so you'd do well to upgrade rotors and pads. You could also upgrade to braided steel lines and paint the calipers.
Any Recommendations on rotors and pads? I'm definitely gonna make time and clean my suspension and paint some parts.
Old 10-20-2017, 08:49 AM
Dino Dino Bambino
4th Gear Member

My car has cryo treated Powerslot front rotors plus Hawk ceramic pads, and I'm very happy with them. They produce minimal brake dust and have very good fade resistance.
Old 10-20-2017, 11:05 AM
svastano
4th Gear Member

I am not saying that it is not the brakes but if that doesn't fix it Look at the universal joints on the driveshaft.... Of if you want to check that first jack up the back end and rotate the rear tires in neutral.
Old 10-23-2017, 01:08 AM
TR1CELL

Originally Posted by svastano
I am not saying that it is not the brakes but if that doesn't fix it Look at the universal joints on the driveshaft.... Of if you want to check that first jack up the back end and rotate the rear tires in neutral.
Good tip thank you!