Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CR3Z-7R081-B not in stock Mustang 2013 5.0 Transmission cooling lines leak

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 11:01 AM
Dame83
1st Gear Member

Default CR3Z-7R081-B not in stock Mustang 2013 5.0 Transmission cooling lines leak

Hello all,

Dealing with some transmission line leaks and one of the line assemblies is not available anymore. Here is the link to the diagram of the parts.
https://www.tascaparts.com/auto-part...il-cooler-scat

I was able to order #2(BR3Z-7R081-C) but not #5(CR3Z-7R081-B) from the diagram.

Went to a few Ford dealerships locally here in Maryland and called some places that offer it online(Tasca, FordPartsGiant, Ford Dealerships in other states, etc) NO ONE HAS THIS IN STOCK!
Some sites say CR3Z-7R081-B is discontinued, some say this part replaced BR3Z-7R081-B. one dealer stated this part is on nationwide back-order with no ETA on availability

Leaks are getting worse daily and I dont want to try any patch work, lines are hard to disconnect as is, may end up breaking something and getting stranded.
My question is, does anyone have any insight why these parts are either discontinued/Not available. Also if anyone has any tips on how to stop the leaking temporarily while I would appreciate any insight on that.
Old 09-22-2018, 01:06 PM
bstang14
2nd Gear Member

Sorry that I can't help on availability, but just curious how a 2013 would have these issues. I just replaced them on my 08 Ranger. They were rusted up by radiator after 10 years of new England salt and chemicals. If you can't get the parts now, I would patch now so as not to risk damaging trans and get parts and fix right asap. Imo. Not sure but you could cut, flare and replace bad section for now with hard or flexible line.
Old 09-22-2018, 03:30 PM
08'MustangDude
Banned

"B" is the line/tubing, which are all over eBay...

You can always have a shop make the lines, flange them where needed for clamps
instead of using the ford compression fittings. It can be done, we have done it...
I have had to cut sections of trans line out, flange the ends, and clamp hoses
on. Did the same with HHR fuel lines, cut out the rust, flange the cut ends and
clamped on fuel hose...

Last edited by 08'MustangDude; 09-22-2018 at 03:33 PM.
Old 09-22-2018, 04:03 PM
Dame83
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by bstang14
Sorry that I can't help on availability, but just curious how a 2013 would have these issues. I just replaced them on my 08 Ranger. They were rusted up by radiator after 10 years of new England salt and chemicals. If you can't get the parts now, I would patch now so as not to risk damaging trans and get parts and fix right asap. Imo. Not sure but you could cut, flare and replace bad section for now with hard or flexible line.
i said the same thing to the dealer, about having line leaks this early. Honestly I’ve had a few leaks and issues prematurely on this car, t-connector leaking antifreeze, A/C clutch broke off of compressor, etc. spoke to another dealership and he said Ford has been awful lately getting these parts made and available to owners.

I may have to go that route, of patching and trying to replace the bad section.
Old 09-22-2018, 04:15 PM
Dame83
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 08'MustangDude
"B" is the line/tubing, which are all over eBay...

You can always have a shop make the lines, flange them where needed for clamps
instead of using the ford compression fittings. It can be done, we have done it...
I have had to cut sections of trans line out, flange the ends, and clamp hoses
on. Did the same with HHR fuel lines, cut out the rust, flange the cut ends and
clamped on fuel hose...
sounds like what I may need to do. Cant keep waiting on this part to come in stock, prolly never will again. I know which section of the line is leaking. Was also considering possibly pulling the assembly off a low mileage wrecker if i can find one.
Old 09-22-2018, 08:14 PM
08'MustangDude
Banned

Originally Posted by Dame83
Sounds like what I may need to do. Cant keep waiting on this part to come in stock, prolly never will again. I know which section of the line is leaking. Was also considering possibly pulling the assembly off a low mileage wrecker if i can find one.
That too...

Old 09-24-2018, 01:27 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by Dame83
Hello all,

Dealing with some transmission line leaks and one of the line assemblies is not available anymore. Here is the link to the diagram of the parts.
https://www.tascaparts.com/auto-part...il-cooler-scat

I was able to order #2(BR3Z-7R081-C) but not #5(CR3Z-7R081-B) from the diagram.

Went to a few Ford dealerships locally here in Maryland and called some places that offer it online(Tasca, FordPartsGiant, Ford Dealerships in other states, etc) NO ONE HAS THIS IN STOCK!
Some sites say CR3Z-7R081-B is discontinued, some say this part replaced BR3Z-7R081-B. one dealer stated this part is on nationwide back-order with no ETA on availability

Leaks are getting worse daily and I dont want to try any patch work, lines are hard to disconnect as is, may end up breaking something and getting stranded.
My question is, does anyone have any insight why these parts are either discontinued/Not available. Also if anyone has any tips on how to stop the leaking temporarily while I would appreciate any insight on that.
I t checked Ford parts giant that will show the replacement part if one is discontinued, surprisingly CR3Z-7R081-B is replaced by CR3Z-7R081-A. It's the opposite of what ford normally does where a letter designates the Rev version of the part. First Rev is A, second is B and so on.
Old 09-25-2018, 08:11 AM
Dame83
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Derf00
I t checked Ford parts giant that will show the replacement part if one is discontinued, surprisingly CR3Z-7R081-B is replaced by CR3Z-7R081-A. It's the opposite of what ford normally does where a letter designates the Rev version of the part. First Rev is A, second is B and so on.
CR3Z-7R081-A and CR3Z-7R081-B look different, and according to sites like Tasca.com and other Ford sites. CR3Z-7R081-A is for the 3.7 engine and CR3Z-7R081-B is for the 5.0 engine. Correct me if i'm wrong but these look like two different designs..... Are the transmissions the same on the 2011-14 3.7 and 5.0??

**CR3Z-7R081-A**
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts...Y2LWdhcw%3D%3D

**CR3Z-7R081-B**
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts...bC12OC1nYXM%3D
Old 09-25-2018, 03:16 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

You're right, I hadn't notice https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts...s=CR3Z-7R081-A the listing. One says 6spd transmission 5.0, the other says, 6cyl 3.7L. Teach me to read crap on my phone!

Hrm. Well your options are to see if you can find one on say fleabay, have the lines made by a shop or to check a salvage yard all as suggested by others. That's really hard to comprehend though.
Old 09-25-2018, 03:49 PM
08'MustangDude
Banned

Mine is starting to leak at the cooler fittings...

Quick Reply: CR3Z-7R081-B not in stock Mustang 2013 5.0 Transmission cooling lines leak